• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Office 2016 & PDFMaker

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to make Office 2016 64-bit compatible with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro PDFMaker?

I make PDFs of all my e-mails and this feature is sorely needed. Right now I have to use Nuances

PDF Converter Pro to do this. I prefer to use only one PDF program. Earlier versions of Acrobat

and Office did a better job than Nuance but I haven't been able to get the new versions of Office

and Acrobat to co-operate. Why can't Adobe keep this function on all versions of Acrobat?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 218 Replies 218
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikew91406773

Office 2016 is not even released yet so i can't give you a word about its compatibility with Acrobat DC PDF maker.

and if you were referring to Office 2016 preview, then as of now there's no update on its compatibility with Acrobat DC PDF Maker.

Once, it is released we can let you know about its compatibility with Acrobat DC PDF maker.

Regards,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem with Word and other Office 2016 (automatic update was done via Office 365) with CS6 Master collection (including Acrobat Pro) : Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin is present and activated, but nothing on tool bar. If i try to use Print mode to Acrobat Printer, it take a lot of time (45 mn for 200 pages !! Before it was done in 20 sec).

It is incredible from Adobe : the price of CS6 was a lot of money (and CS 5.5 before!) and Office 2016 preview was ready for Adobe tests since February !!!

Is the problem will be solved both for Acrobat DC and CS6 (Acrobat Pro X) ? When ?

This is very urgent, because i use every days for editing !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Es tut mir leid, ab von STAFF-Mitglieder darf wohl etwas mehr erwartet werden. Oder erwartet ADOBE, dass die Kunden teure Produkte kaufen und diese kostenlos weiter entwickeln helfen?

!I'm sorry, on STAFF members may well be a little more expected. Or Adobe expects the customers to buy expensive products and help develop this further for free ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the resolution for this?  Is there an update for Acrobat X.  Is Office 2016 really supported in Acrobat Pro X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Word 2016, and I can tell you that PDF maker does not work with the desktop version of Acrobat DC at all. It doesn't work from the Acrobat DC application, and it doesn't work if you are within Word and try to Print > Save as Adobe PDF.  Error messages abound, Acrobat freezes, and it also opens up multiple copies of Word with the document you are trying to create showing up as having no content. I was on the phone yesterday for an hour with an Adobe support person. It's a total no-go. However, you can convert Word files to PDF with the Creative Cloud version of Acrobat DC. The problem with that is that Acrobat does some wild font substitution - like substituting weird cursive fonts and such even if you have created the original Word document using a font from Typekit.  I am still in my 14 day subscription period, so I'm canceling. Hope it gets fixed though. Meantime, there are some free online conversion tools that work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today - as part of Office 365 - MS Office 2016 has been released.

The Acrobat DC plugin is not working (despite Office 2016 for Mac already being released several months ago).

How can this be that - despite all Preview versions of Office 2016 - Adobe is not able/capable to release an updated version of its latest and greatest Acrobat to be compatible with Office 2016??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your expectations, that Adobe will do this as a priority and release things on the day of availability, may be reasonable, but it has never been this way. Often we had to wait for a major version upgrade for support for new versions of Word, so there was a need to pay. Otherwise Adobe would be subsidising Microsoft. No idea how priorities will work with subscriptions, but I don't expect any more speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is nicely said and so, but the Technical Preview has - at least - been released from early February (http://microsoft-news.com/download-office-2016-consumer-technical-preview-now-from-microsoft/)

So basically this means that Adobe (and other vendors, but those are not the subject here) could have been tested freely the new Office 2016 suite with all its functions/plugins/etc.

And that also means that 7 months (! ) of internal/external testing could have been done already. Despite now working to fully support the Office 2016 suite and -thus- have the initial testing period to be started now; so a delay of 7 months.

The remark by Dov being early adopters etc. make no sense to me. In this period of time lots of companies are releasing (public) alfa and beta versions and alike to be tested by the testers, geeks, software enthusiasts to either let them learn the new products and its features and also to do some bug-hunting. And yes, there might be some compatibility issues, but a totally non-working (Adobe) plugin in Word/Outlook etc. is another story.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I think you are letting Adobe off too easily on this.  In case anyone with Acrobat 11 or earlier hasn't noticed, Adobe has been trying to cram down a subscription model on users. I recently started getting "update" notices in the Adobe control panel for Acrobat, but what it never said was that it would uninstall Acrobat 11 and put me on a 30 day trial.  That is shady behavior.  Now, why I mention this is that Adobe knows full well that Office 365 has been very successful, especially through the enterprise. For anyone used to letting Office 365 update their office programs in the background, that tech is amazing, but you are in for a surprise if you let your Office 2013 programs update to 2016 versions. Broken COM add-in. I am willing to go so far as to say Adobe knew this would happen and wants to benefit from the forced migration into their own subscription flytrap. I can't export emails to a PDF portfolio with Outlook 2016. That made a tool we use to convert email attachments to inline PDFs useless.  I am not particularly thrilled with Adobe claiming that a core function of Acrobat, making portfolios, couldn't be ready on launch day of Office 2016. That is utter bunk. Adobe, stop treating customers like we are obligated to use your products.  I will find other solutions if I am treated like a servant rather than a valued customer. So much for the years of good reviews I gave Acrobat on my law blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same experience. I need to convert Word to PDF everyday, and I have been doing this since 2001 until 2 days ago when Office upgraded to 2016. Not only has the COM add-in disappeared, I cannot perform this conversion via "Print" either. Every time I do this Word crashes.
I am very, very crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am successfully able to create a PDF from Word 2016 with Adobe V2015 and Word does not crash. Perhaps do the following:  Uninstall Adobe, do a Full Repair of Office 2016 from Control Panel, Programs and Features, then restart the computer and reinstall Adobe. See if that helps.

Still, I am very disappointed in the excuses Adobe has made here. They should re-write PDF maker so it is less dependent on Office version releases. Otherwise Adobe will always be standing on the sidelines unable and unwilling to keep up.

Adobe does NOT understand that I pay handsomely for its product. A much HIGHER cost per pound than Office 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are sorry you are so “disappointed” but as we explained, we are using non-public APIs to implement PDFMaker. There is really no other alternative that is “less dependent on Office version releases” is we wish to maintain the same layout of the Office documents that you see on the screen.

Again, we expect this support for Office 2016 on both Windows and MacOS in our October update.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Acrobat DC as a monthly subscription yesterday and the plugin for Outlook 2016 is making Outlook crash.  Obviously following this thread and the replies by Adobe implies that people should not purchase Adobe products until at least 6 months after a new release of a Microsoft product.

I walked away from Adobe products a number of years ago due to system instabilities and security holes, but decided to 'try' some of the products again.  My company gives professional advice to many outside companies as to which products bring the functionality they desire without adding system-wide issues.   We obviously will still not recommend Adobe products but alternatives.

To say I am extremely disappointed is an understatement!  I will just go with Nitro PDF Maker as that does not cause any system instabilities (and works without crashing my system).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Nitro PDF Maker installed with my Lenovo notebook since I got it. Thanks for the reminder. I always used it previously when Acrobat XI Pro would not work (which did happen frequently.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a developer, but I view this response as nothing more than slightly snarky B.S. from Adobe.  The notion that layout is holding things up seems implausible to me.  The quasi-xml formats used in Office haven't changed in years, so docx, for example, is fully compatible across Office lines since it was introduced.  I simply don't believe that layout compatibility is the issue.  Maybe non-public API's change, but I suspect that the API set was well settled close to a half year ago.  In fact, Office 2016 preview was running as smoothly as a release edition for months, if not longer (I only started using the preview about 3 months ago, and it was perfectly stable for me, but reviews indicated it was stable for at least the last six months).

If I didn't need PDF portfolios created from Outlook for a work project in the next few months, I'd just leave acrobat behind due entirely to the response Adobe has provided to its community users here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use the Outlook email portfolio function, and of course have been without that ability since I signed on to the Office 2016 beta. I was trying to figure out how to recreate the functionality of that addin but it is beyond my abilities. You'd think with the full program and distiller etc. everything you'd need would be there. You can save outlook messages, combine them in acrobat and make a portfolio but you lose the embedded attachments, and I don't think it threads them like the addin, I gave up after a couple of fruitless attempts.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov - Other cheaper software seems to have found another alternative that works fine.  Isn't this why MS does public beta versions of its software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of that software runs through the print option. That should still work with Acrobat DC. It is just PDF Maker that requires additional work. Most vendors do not pursue to working with preview versions to a large extent because the final release is often much different. If this is an excuse, maybe. But you should consider the wasted effort that has gone on in the past working with previews (betas) and then the final release requires a whole new design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gotten Acrobat DC and Office 2016 working correctly after manually installing an update for Acrobat DC. I still can't get Acrobat X and office 2016 to work though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darin McClain wrote:

I have gotten Acrobat DC and Office 2016 working correctly after manually installing an update for Acrobat DC. I still can't get Acrobat X and office 2016 to work though.

Acrobat 10 does not and will not have support for Office 2016. You need to upgrade to Acrobat DC for such support.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this thread. Why aren't Acrobat updates listed in the Creative Cloud app? It is not listed as an update for me, and it certainly hadn't auto-updated or offered me the update any other way, and yet I see an update has indeed been available (tucked away in the Help menu!) since last October.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is not compatible with Outlook 2016

Compatible web browsers and PDFMaker applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is April 21, 2016. I downloaded both Office 2016 and Acrobat Pro today. All this talk about fixes in October 2015 are hot air, I cannot convert a word document into a Pro PDF. I keep getting an error message in Acrobat telling me I need additional files, but not what files or where to get them. I can't even copy the error message so that support can see what I am being told. This is the first day of my 30 day free trial. I have spent almost the entire day on this issue. I won't be purchasing the software subscription if it is unable to perform the conversation of a word document to a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharon

Can you please check if both your Acrobat and Office 2016 are updated to latest versions?

If yes, please share your OS, Office and Acrobat version details with us.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines