Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One Adobe Acrobat file with two taskbar items

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 3 screens in Windows 11.

I've set up the taskbar so that, "When using multiple displays, show my taskbar apps on Main taskbar and taskbar where window is open."

When I open a single pdf file in Adobe Acrobat Pro (64-bit), and it's on one of the side displays (NOT the main display), Adobe displays TWO taskbar icons.  They both show the same file name (the only one I have open).  When I move it to the main display, Adobe only displays ONE taskbar icon.

This seems like a glitch.  Any idea how to fix it, without changing the way I use Windows 11?

I'm sure a lot of people will say "combine taskbar items" but I don't want to do that - I like my taskbar items separated.  And they shouldn't need to be combined - it's only one file open.  No other program I use does this, and even Adobe doesn't do it when I move the window to the main display.

Here's a screenclip:

Two taskbar items for only one file.png

To clarify: I'm looking for a fix to this glitch, NOT a suggestion that I change how I work in Windows 11.

Thanks for any advice from others who have experienced this same problem.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Hi,

Best plan would be to upvote a bug/issue if there is one or create one if there isn't.

here: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Best plan would be to upvote a bug/issue if there is one or create one if there isn't.

here: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will check it out on Uservoice, thanks for the link and suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac?query=duplicate%20taskbar%20...

Its the fifth one down for me... the mroe votes the more likely they are to fix this nonsense. I just upgraded my Windows and didnt have this issue with my old version, yet my taskbar settings were the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines