• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PAC unhandled exception: MCID 1 already present.

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this pop-up when running a PDF through PAC. I don't know what it means, so I don't know how to fix it. I'm not clear on what an MCID is or how it functions, so I need help understanding the pop-up and also resolving whatever is causing the pop-up. Note that the PDF otherwise passes PAC and Acrobat's Checker.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a PDF that you created by combining multiple PDF files into one? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. A client combined it and we couldn't change that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chad: This started as a series of combined Word documents (not PDFs--I reread your post). We converted and added redaction boxes where the client told us to do so. There are a series of 18 of these, ranging from maybe 10 pages to ~100. Only 3 of the 18 have this pop-up, and it's not always "MCID 1." Sometimes it's "MCID 0" or "MCID 2."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is common when combining files. Are you able to share the file with me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Please find 1 of the 3 problem documents attached. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there! I am Adrika Bhadauria. I saw this problem today only and resolved this problem within 30 minutes. Can anyone check the attached PDF and tell me if it's correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Adding to the discussion,

Which PAC version and operating system are you on?

It would be helpful if you also share a screenshot of the PDF/UA check after you click on the start button.

When you run the PAC console post the screenshot with emphasis on the elements that currently show a yellow warning triangle amd any other element identified with a red X for  partially accessible elements.

That said, ca you confirm if one of those warnings is related to the Font type used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for post.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just additional curiosity:

What do you get on the WCAG tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I get a color contrast fail (which I always get for every document, even when we've tested with CCA and the document passes). Other than that, green checks all the way down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned, this document otherwise passes PAC (2021). There are no errors, only this pop-up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 
There is any solution for the above issue. MCID 2 already present

Thanks

Ganesh.R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't found a good solution other than "try again". Typically I encounter this error when I combine several files into one. The MCID is burried as an attribute of a tag that is painfully time consuming to find. I can't tell you what actually causes it. But usually if I combine them again, I can get a good file without the error. I recommend using the Organize Pages tool to combine files. I've had the best luck with that method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines