Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password protected PDF

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We receive PDF's from suppliers and they tell us they do not send the PDF's with password protection. But when we try to edit the PDF's it does ask us for a password.

Is it possible that we've got a policy on our network that password protects PDF's?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

If you open the document and select "File->Properties", and then select the tab "Security" it will show your what permissions are applied to the document.

I would be surprised if you had a policy to add passwords to PDF's as they arrive on your network.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Malcolm,

Thank you for your reply, I see the following when I look at the properties:

18-03-2020 14-05-04.png

I am sure it is not a policy of ours, I am sure the supplier password protects the documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The document appears to have security applied, which would require a password, do you know how you suppliers make the PDF? it may just be part of their PDF creation process.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Malcolm,

Unfortunately I don't know how they create the PDF's. I read in your answer that you also think the issue is with the one creating the PDF not the one receiving it right?

Best regards,

Reinout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI,

Sorry about the slow reply, missed your respose, yes it is the creator of the PDF that is causing the issue.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can you at File > Properties > Security in Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bernd,

Thank you for your reply, I see the following:

18-03-2020 14-05-04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they are giving you the information as they understand it. There is no password needed to open the file. However, the creator of the file has set security, to stop the file from being edited. There would be a password to unlock this, however, this is often done completely automatically, with passwords that are randomly made up. This is especially true of any kind of financial info. Evidently, the supplier does not expect you to want or need to edit these PDFs. The chances they can help you (either by sending a password, or making files without a password) is very small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, that's the info I needed.

Thanks to everybody responding to my question.

Best regards,

Reinout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines