• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF/A-1B conformance

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With my newly purchased version of Adobe Acrobat Standard 2017 I am able to print documents and plans using the PDF/A-1B format.  When opened in Standard 2017 the software indicates that the file is correctly printed with this standard.  This is great, however with past versions of Adobe (Adobe X) I was able (and required by some regulatory bodies) then to check Conformance of the file.  With this version all I see is Status: Not yet Verified.  I can not find anywhere that I can Verify the Conformance.  Is this not possible with Standard 2017?

Thank you.

{BF652D60-415C-434C-8CAF-25D3FBDBE79A}.png.jpg

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

On behalf of Adobe…

Simply stated, although Acrobat Standard will show you that a PDF file is marked as PDF/A-1B (or any of the other PDF/A or PDF/X subset standards), it does not provide the ability to either verify the file's conformance to the standard or make fixes if necessary to ensure compliance. For that functionality, you need Acrobat Pro. If you had earlier versions of Acrobat that did provide this functionality, you must have had the Pro version as opposed to the Standard version (whic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have your answer, but maybe these two links can help clarify some steps:

I'm not sure when these articles were created, so it's possible that screens and/or locations of menus may be different than described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for taking the time to reply YN.  Sounds like I may need to upgrade to the Pro version if I need that capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. I see now that you typed Acrobat Standard. I just checked the product page for Acrobat, comparing Pro to Standard (and the different version releases). It looks like Standard 2017 does not "convert or validate for compliance ISO standards." Here is a screen shot for reference highlighted in red the feature item that I believe you are describing:

Acobat Product Comparisons.jpg

You may need to linger on a bit more here, until someone else with more experience in this topic chimes in. My replies are not from experience, just searching the web for others that seem to have similar issues as yours and this is what came back.

Free bump though! Good luck with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On behalf of Adobe…

Simply stated, although Acrobat Standard will show you that a PDF file is marked as PDF/A-1B (or any of the other PDF/A or PDF/X subset standards), it does not provide the ability to either verify the file's conformance to the standard or make fixes if necessary to ensure compliance. For that functionality, you need Acrobat Pro. If you had earlier versions of Acrobat that did provide this functionality, you must have had the Pro version as opposed to the Standard version (which never had that functionality).

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer this Dov.  I do understand that and now realize that I would have to upgrade to the Pro version if I would like to check a file's conformation to the PDF/A ISO standard.

Can I assume though that in the cases where I am creating the file by printing to this copy of Adobe Standard 2017 and asking for it to be printed at PDF/A that the file created would indeed be at that standard and that there would be no need to check it conformation?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines