PDF conversion to Word Issues

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with converting pdf to word then create a doc on that word doc. When I write on the word doc, when I hit enter and/or type a few lines then the format gets messed up and the header goes to a second page and there are lines in the context while the header and footer disappear.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Steven247375157sd2, A lot depends on what's in the PDF, if it was made in Word to begin with, and what you want to retain (i.e., only the text or some of the formatting as well). Rarely are documents perfect straight out of a conversion, and you'll have to do some clean-up in Word. You could try:

1. With Acrobat DC, open the PDF, and try converting to a Rich Text Format (.rtf) or an earlier version of Word (.doc). Sometimes those give cleaner results.
  2. Use Word to convert the PDF. From the Open file command, navigate to the PDF, and you get this prompt:

JainLemos_0-1655057739963.png

Also, turn on invisible characters in Word to see text boxes, frames, or section settings that you may need to delete or modify. Hope that's helpful.

JainLemos_1-1655057931773.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines