• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF document pages turning yellow

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a word document into PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro and all of the pages turned yellow. Does anyone know how to delete or turn off the yellow pages and make them just normal white pages?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 299 Replies 299
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the PDF pages turn to yellow

- Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing to create the PDF from MS Word?

- Is this a behavior with a particular Word file or with all the Word files that you convert to PDF? Please try with a different file and check

- What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using?To check the version go to Help . About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.007.20091 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

We are here for help, just need more information

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, all my existing PDF files, created from a wide variety of programs (word, photoshop, powerpoint, indesign, autodesk AutoCAD) through either printing to PDF or word's save as PDF feature, all suddenly started appearing yellow.  Just a day or two ago they all had white paper backgrounds but now they all have yellow backgrounds.  

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat but there is no change.  I have the latest realease version 2021.007.20091 and I am running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro.  

In a somewhat different case. when I open photoshop, the backgroun appears yellow on my surface monitor but white on my second external HP monitor.  However, with PDF files the background appears yellow on both monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One note to add, this could be an incompadibility or conflict with recent windows updates since several updates were just installed in the last 2 days.  Here is my current version:

Version: 10.0.19042 Build 19042

System Model: Surface Book 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, started at the same time and in the same way (all pdfs appear white/gray instead of having white space regardless of how or when they were created). I don't think Windows updated before this issue started on my machine, though. I am running Windows 10, build 19043.1237 with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro version 2021.007.20091.59174.  Please see images below for reference. Both images are screenshots from the same exact document in Adobe and in Firefox, which was scanned to generate the pdf. Something that may be worth noting, on the Adobe screenshot, some areas of scans or print-to-pdf generated files will have areas that appear white, with the rest of the page appearing yellowed (noted in the PC-5 area in the top right corner).

FIREFOX EXAMPLE-SCANNED.pngADOBE EXAMPLE-SCANNED.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact issue.  See screen shots below.  One PDF in web browser, the other in Adobe Acrobat DC.

tarynh55917089_0-1632155070494.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal, since you're an Adobe employee, I really hope you take this up the chain immediately. It's clearly a major error and not the fault of any particular users. For folks like me, it started appearing yellow last Wednesday during the middle of a federal court trial. Please expedite this to the right people. There needs to be a push update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am having this problem where the white of my pages are suddenly all yellow. Started on 9/16. Not good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IT person at Salvus TG figured this out for me. It looks like the software update changed a default. To fix it:
Edit
Preferences
Accessibility
Use Windows Color Scheme

[P.I removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated throughout this thread, that "fix" (its not really a fix - it just hides the underlying issue) only works for basic pdfs consisting of simple text. Anything with images etc still has yellow background issues.

It has certainly helped me with basic pdfs created from Word files, but its not a solution for more complex pdf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatley, this fix does not work for pdf's with different font colours and backgrounds and makes some documents unreadable. It looks to be a 'colour management' issue under Accessibility, but I can't figure out how to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I was really upset when everything changed to yellow. It made my document look very unprofessional. I needed to change a date on the file and then resaved it. When I changed the background back to white without a change to the document it wouldn't let me do a regular save and kept the document yellow. Once I made my modification I could save it. I think the modification set the white background some how. But yes, please fix this Adobe. My document needs to remain professional looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have worked perfectly for us. After testing several additional files, we've found no further issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, where Adobe turned yellow in mid-September 2021 (it seemed to be after an adobe update, not windows update)

As above worked for me---except "use Windows Color Scheme" turned my docs a shade of gray/blue:

Edit

Preferences

Accessibility

Custom color: Page background [white] Document text [black]

This may be a hack fix, hoping that my documents going out are defaulting to good colour and its not just my viewer that's white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix works well. I've tested all kinds of PDFs and they are all whitle background again where they should be thanks for sharing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you please post on what the fix is. I am unable to find it. All my documents I scan with my phone are now coming out yellow. Thanks

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue I was on Adobe pro 32bit a suggestion was to change it to 64bit same as Office 365 made no difference. I did the "Windows colour scheme" which was OK as long as the docment was on my computer when I sent them anywhere the receiptants only had blank documents! I am on windows 11 it started about 2 weeks ago after a windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked PERFECTLY!!! 

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had to do this to get the background back to white, however images in the document still have a yellowish look to them, whereas they don't if viewing in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Lucy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! LIFESAVER!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank him! I didnt even know they had a setting for that and the yellow was driving me mad... If he is ever in CA tell him free oral pleasure on me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I do that my colored text turns black  we use different colors for text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same problem. All my PDFs which previously displayed on white backgrounds, now have a cream background. Changing the background colour to custom under accesibility, changes the colour initially but if I save the PDF and close it, on opening again the background is cream!? Please fix, cream looks dirty, I want my documents to look clean and crisp. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines