• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF document pages turning yellow

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a word document into PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro and all of the pages turned yellow. Does anyone know how to delete or turn off the yellow pages and make them just normal white pages?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 299 Replies 299
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, it doesn't fix mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is NOT the accessibility fix.  I see you replied to someone. It is a monitor fix provided directly from Adobe.  You will need to UNDO the accessibilty bandaid fix before doing this:

There is a workaround to fix the issue. Please follow the below steps to fix it.

* Close Acrobat DC

* Open Control Panel>Color Management

* Select the display (monitor) from the dropdown list and check the box "use my settings for this device"

* After this, select any existing ICC profiles you see and click on Remove button

* Once this is done, please click on Add and choose the ICC Profile called sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and click on Ok and then close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took a while for this to take effect but it worked! Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aliciat97893320, I treplied to you a few times, I tried that too, it doesn't work for me.  Tried that again and again, it doesn't work for me, it does't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aliciat97893320  I followed the steps you mentioned about, it doesn't for for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aliciat97893320, I tried the steps above, it doesn't work for me, I tried again and again evern restart my PC, i doesn't work for me.  I believe it may work for some people, but not for everyone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it has made it worst for me... Very intense yellow now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I've tried the ICC profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1 fix and it worked for me.

It did not work right away. I had all of my PDF files opened and the ICC profile change didn't do anything right afterwards. 

Here how I got my PC to work:

0. Do the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 Color Management fix.

1. Close out of all PDF documents.

2. Then switch to Windows Color Scheme under Accessibilty and hit OK. Then switch to Custom Color under Accessibility and hit OK. I had to go back and forth between these options a few times.

3. When I finally unchecked "Replace Document Colors" under Accessibilty, everything went back to like how it was in August 2021 (before the Acrobat 2021.007.20095 and Sept Windows 10 update).

4. It took a few minutes of trying but it all went back to normal (no more yellow background). I'm guessing it just takes a while from the Windows side to take effect.

I'm glad we didn't have to wait until Mercury Retrograde to end for someone to find a fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, noting above that between step 1 and 2, you have to restart Acrobat again then go to step 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if there is there is permanent fix yet, but this just happened to me in 2022. I did all the steps you mentioned but it did not work. But I added one more step at the end which was to check the additional box in Acrobat under Preferences - Accessibility - Other Accessibility Options - Checked (Always use the system selection color) and then it worked !

6491e290-e8bf-460a-b975-dc9359ebe8b7.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes all my documents are yellow too, is anything happening to fix this as I can see many have the same issue.  It is making my documents look unprofessional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have pusheded a couple of updates during this issue.

I can confirm that with the latest, Acrobat Reader DC version 2021.007.20095, the yellow backgrounds have gone and I no longer need to have the accessibility settings ticked.

So whatever Adobe have done, I imagine the code will be the same across the product range so hopefully sorted for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using that version and still have yellow background

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Acrobat Pro Dc and the version is 2021.007.20095 too but still have yellow background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same - still yellow backgrounds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Send update and fix. Ridiculous. When you first encounter the issue, you spend at least a half hour trouble-shooting to determine what the issue is, along with a sanity check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on my system, and now I am starting to get calls from all of my managed clients who are asking me to fix this!  Please fix soon, a bunch of raving lunatics out her who can not handle yellow backgrounds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, some not raving lunatics. Just "regular" folks with the common expectation that a contract/legal document won't look like it's on my daughter's stationery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Very Frustrating 

I need to get my documents back to white or switch programs.

Not  sure why there is not an update yet to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Edited]

Hi there

Please try the steps below and see if that works for you:

Go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Accessibility > Check Replace document colors and set page background to white and text to black.

This started with the recent update of MS and due to the dependancy the functionality broke, our team is working internally to get a fix, and also collaborating with MS to get it resolved at earliest.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This fix is not working anymore, last week it it did.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal~

My PDF was not a conversion. It appears correct on screen but then prints yellow areas in random places on the PDF. I made all of the changes referenced in this thread, it helps the appearence but not when printing. If I try printing in Grey Scale it still prints the yellow in random places. Any time frame on a fix? As I'm sure you already are aware, this has become a major issue and time killer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Adobe issues a real fix, forget about the accessiblity fix and the color profile fix and just download Foxit to view the PDFs for now.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines