• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Not Being Created with Custom Fonts

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a PDF from a Word doc that uses custom fonts. I have the setting in Word selected to embed the fonts in the document. I also confirmed the fonts have no embedding restrictions. When I convert to PDF, either through Word (save as PDF using the MS service) or through Acrobat DC Pro (using create PDF), it converts the custom font to a different font, which then impacts all of the page layout, spacing, etc. If I then try to edit some of the text in the PDF, the custom font is available in Acrobat DC Pro, and I can change the font of specific text to the custom font. But this then requires having to do a lot of page layout updates if I were to try to change the font of all the text.

How can I get the Acrobat "Create PDF" function to use the custom font when it is creating the PDF?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you are trying to create a PDF from a Word file, are you using the create PDF options provided under Acrobat Ribbon in Word application? Or the Create PDF option under the File menu in the Acrobat Pro DC application?

You have mentioned that you are using the custom fonts, would you mind sharing the Word file with us so we can check it?

Share the Acrobat and OS version installed on the machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick response Meenakshi! I tried multiple options:

• Create PDF options under Acrobat Ribbon in Word
  • Create PDF option under File menu in Acrobat Pro DC
  • Saving a copy in Word and selecting PDF, using the MS conversion service

...and all produced similar results. The "Save a Copy" option in Word gets me the closest. When viewing the PDF, I can see the fonts are reasonably close to the custom fonts, and are labeled as "embedded fonts" in the PDF. 

I'm running MacOS Big Sur 11.4, and Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.005.20058.

The document is an internal confidential file, so I can't share it. But I can share a sample file I created using the same styles and fonts. Do you have somewhere I can send that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines