• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Previewer not working in Outlook

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new update of Adobe Acrobat DC, I am no longer able to preview a pdf in Outlook (desktop application).  Wondering if this is a known issue and ideas how to resolve?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this.

Could you please share the following information to further investigate this issue:

- Acrobat version on the machine.

- Outlook version number

- OS version on the machine

It would be helpful if you can share a small video or the screenshot of what happens when you open the PDF in Outlook. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi

Sorry to jump on  a thread but I also am having this issue.

Did an uninstall and used the cleaniner tool. Reinstalled and pdf previewer worked again but then Adobe decided to update again and now its no longer working

Installed Acrobat: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
Version: 21.7.20091.452390
Creation Date: 2021/09/09
Creation Time: 1:16:48 PMWe are using Microsoft Office Professional 2019 although the system report from Adobe says we are using Office and Outlook 2016????

Windows 10 Home 64 bit Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1165

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default5g4ak4f94c0n  @gndelectrics5C1F 

This issue seems like due to incompatibility of 32bit outlook preview with 64bit acrobat. I have DMed you a workaround for the same. Please try that and let us know if that resolves the problem.

Ankit,

Adobe Acrobat Software developer

CC @MeenakshiNegi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it was working fine, until the recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue, can you publicly post your resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ND95  Its publicly available here 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/how-can-i-make-32-bit-reader-update-to-onl... 

Also posting summarized version of the workaround:

You can download the .reg file shared below and double click on it and registry entries would be automatically created.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:e94a84df-fa43-4b26-99bf-c1906c783c2b 

Please note that running .reg files changes the system configuration, so please ensure to verify the source and content of the file before running it on your system.

Thanks,

Ankit 

Adobe Acrobat software engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Just to check with this registry workaround, will it work on a Server 2016? i have two RDS 2016 Servers having this issue and I'm using the Acrobat Reader DC ie the free one, not the subscription one. Also, do i have to uninstall the 64-bit and install the 32-bit before running this registry workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, if you are only facing this PDF Preview issue, then registry workaround would work for all windows version. Also, this registry is being added to Acrobat installer so that in the next release of Acrobat, users won't have to manually create these keys.

No, you don't have to unistall 64bit Acrobat, it would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines