PDF-X launches with "Unlock Full Version" pop-up.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF-X launches with "Unlock Full Version" pop-up. How do I remove the pop-up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

"PDF-X" is not an Adobe application.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

I suspect you are using Reader and it is asking about upgrading to the paid Pro version. Just click the "don't show again" option and click "no" or "cancel". 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"PDF-X" is not an Adobe application.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Try67; you are correct PDF-X is a Microsoft product. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, no PDF-X is not a Microsoft product, no more than it is an Adobe product. It is sold in Microsoft's app store, but like nearly a million others, they sell them, they don't make them. If you did get PDF-X and want support it's important to know who made it. According to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/pdf-x-free-pdf-editor-pdf-reader/9p3cp9g025rm?activetab=pivot:over... it is "Published by NG PDF Lab"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to @Test Screen Name 's usual excellent information:

PDF/X (note the slash) is a category of standards that a PDF must meet--not a product. 

PDF X (no slash or hyphen) is a product that Test Screen Name linked to. I suspect the name was selected to potentially confuse people. Read the reviews, especially the bad reviews, on the Microsoft Store--most features require payment. 

David Creamer
Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Certified Professional, and Adobe Certified Expert

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate all of the reponses; noted.  PDF-X is neither Adobe or Microsoft.  Thanks to this community for your help in resolving my question; I am most grateful.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you are using Reader and it is asking about upgrading to the paid Pro version. Just click the "don't show again" option and click "no" or "cancel". 

David Creamer
Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Certified Professional, and Adobe Certified Expert

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this can be a problem because people search the Microsoft App Store for "Acrobat Reader". But it isn't there!

Instead they find something which describes itself as "An alternative to Acrobat Reader", don't read the description, and assume they have actually found it. 

Getting the real thing: http://get.adobe.com/reader

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader shows up in the MS Store for me:

image.png

As a side note, Reader shows up as not installed in the MS Store even though I have it installed. This is because I installed it directly from Adobe's site and not through the store. 

I have Reader installed on one of my laptops (my "email" Surface laptop). My "training" laptop and tower have the full CC Suite. When I first installed Reader, I did not pay attention to the dialog boxes, so the software upgraded itself to the full Pro version, eating up one of my activations. I had to uninstall Pro and reinstall Reader. When I reinstalled Reader, I carefully read the dialog boxes not to convert Reader to the full Pro version.

Also, I was able to log into my CC account but not upgrade to Pro. That way, I can share documents with my other computers and use the Acrobat online services. 

The end result is that one must carefully read the dialog options and not update. Clicking "don't show again" has stopped any continual messages.

David Creamer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines