• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pdfs are displaying with Preview icon instead of traditional Acrobat Logo after installing Ventura

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed the Ventura operating system on my Mac. Since doing so all pdf documents are displaying with a preview icon instead of the traditional red Acrobat Logo.

My cleints are hesitate to open these documenst even though they have the .pdf extension as they do not look like a traditional pdf file anymore. I have set all pdfs to open with Acrobat Reader, however the icon is still displaying with the preview icon.

Any help woule be appreciated.

Pdf View.jpg

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Hi,

Select a PDF file and open up the information, there should be a section called "Open With" if you change that to Acrobat and click the "Change All" button that should fix it

BarlaeDC_0-1687869853669.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Select a PDF file and open up the information, there should be a section called "Open With" if you change that to Acrobat and click the "Change All" button that should fix it

BarlaeDC_0-1687869853669.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I second the expert's (BarlaeDC) response.

It's all about setting up Acrobat as the default viewing to open .pdf files. Maybe after upgrading the OS, your default app is set to Preview rather than Acrobat.

Following the steps above will help you switch back to Acrobat Pro.

Additional info:

Acrobat and Reader official update 23.003.20215 is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates>reboot Acrobat.

More information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Let us know if it still doesn't help!

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines