• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permanently cropping a PDF document.

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eventhough this issue is mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-sdk/how-to-permanently-delete-cropped-areas-in-acrobat/m-p/99...

and here: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/Has-Acrobat-X-crippled-ability-crop-pages-q13047.aspx

And I contacted support with this case number: Adobe Case ADB-20535930-F8D0 CRM:03686000003004

Adobe support insists that I use Redact tool crop parts of a page. I don't know why they equate Crop with Redact!!

My question again. I have a page that I need to crop all four margins (which changes the pages size). So using the Crop tool in Edit PDF I draw a rectangle in the the page excluding all unwanted margins. Then apply the crop to all pages.

The problem is this cropping is not permenant and can be undone be going back to the crop tool and double click on the page then click on the Reset to Zero button in the dialog.

Others said to use Preflight fix tool but could find such a tool.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may use the "Edit PDF" tool.  Se here:

I think you can also use the Print Production tool "Set Page Boxes:

And you can also use JavaScript scripting for that purpose. See this article by ACP Thom Parker:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> The problem is this cropping is not permenant

Correct. This is why you need to use the Redaction tool, which is permanent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Redaction is not cropping. Assume you have the following page/s. 

waheed_alsayer_3-1628758468943.png

I want to remove the margins (shown in green) permenantly from the page/s. 

waheed_alsayer_2-1628758435068.png

This pdf file has many pages.

So the resulting page/s will look like this:

waheed_alsayer_4-1628758622161.png

How would redacting does this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not, but you can use the two together. Use redaction to remove the content you don't want to have, and then cropping to change the size of the page boxes, so only the content you wish to have will be visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show how is this possible? I included a sample pdf file you can use to prove your method. I need to crop the outer margins based the markers in the four corners. So that when I open the file I would not be able to get back the outer margins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with doing it in this file is that your graphics go all the way to edge, so if the crop box you draw is not pixel perfect you'll end up removing some of the actual contents when you redact everything that's outside of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the pictures above. I draw the cropping box starting from the corner matching the cross-hair with the bars on the corner. 

Or I could use the crop dialog to enter the crop box size.

And that what crop should do. After you draw the box and apply to all the pages you get the new page with all outside graphics removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send the version with the updated crop box, then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here it is. It is the same file. To see the cropping go into edit mode, click on crop tool, double-click on the page, there you will see the cropped area. When you click on "Reset" button, and apply to all the cropping is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines