• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Persistent Error Code 0xC0000001 for AcroCEF.exe for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work IT, and I've noticed recently that there have been multiple computers with the same error message for AcroCEF.exe.

Lawrence23549423pxhb_0-1647035440546.png

This error started to appear on March 9th, 2022. 

My team and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC multiple times , but it the error comes back for some computers after the system is restarted. Has anyone found the cause and solution to this problem?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

I was able to solve the problem by:

- uninstalling Acrobat Reader DC

- runnning  AdobeAcroCleaner_DC2021 -> https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

- reinstalling Reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

With the latest release of Acrobat on 12th April, 2022, this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product.  Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Uninstall Adobe Acrobat
2. Download the Adobe AcroCleaner.exe tool.
3. Launch the tool
4. Reinstall Adobe Acrobat

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html#downloads
For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Windows 10 version 21H1 and Adobe Reader DC version 22.001.20085.  The only fix I have found, which is really a workaround, is to uninstall Acrobat, nuke any Adobe folder in C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files (x86), C:\ProgramData, and C:\Users\UserProfile\AppData\Local...AppData\LocalLow and AppData\Roaming, then reinstall 22.001.20085.  Total sh!tsh0w.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only seems to fix it temporarily. The issue reoccurs after some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into the same issue.  Solved it, perhaps by luck.  

Of all the uninstall/reinstall methods, interestingly, if I just us Windows 10 > Settings > Apps to remove Pro DC, it prompts for a reboot. AFter this, installing it worked and no CEF errors.  

Yet previously, uninstalling never promted for a reboot.  I believe I was using the Creative Cloud app interface to manage that . 

So it may come down to the managed installer process from Adobe has a glitch (I guess?).  Very vague here, sorry, but the key point was that prior to it workin, the uninstall done via Settings in Win 10 did the standard "you must restart your computer...." Yes/No dialogue box. This seems to open the door for a clean removal, and then it works on subsequent install.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update from Adobe? I hit the same issue, happened in 1000+ workstations. Any workaround apart from re-install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apology for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. We have investigated this at our end.

Please try the following workaround to fix this.

Please set the following regkey-
For Win 64-bit:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE \Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\DLLInjection]

"bBlockDLLInjection"=0

For 32-bit (Acrobat):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\DLLInjection]

"bBlockDLLInjection"=0

For 32-bit (Reader):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\DLLInjection]

"bBlockDLLInjection"=0

(bBlockDLLInjection should be a Dword)

If the problem is still reproducible, please let us know.

Thanks,

-amboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO i need to restart to make the changes effective?

The reg key seems cannot fix the issue, same error prompt. please advise.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried to add this in registry as workaround fix its working, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know the steps for applying the workaround fix.

I tried below steps, but the error message still prompted

- error message acrocef prompted.

- applying all registry key advised above

- restart all acrobat reader dc application 

- error still prompt

- restart the PC

- error still prompt

Have i missed something which might help? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in this first example:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE \Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\DLLInjection]

"bBlockDLLInjection"=0

I only have the following :HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE \Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC

-I would then create a subkey named DLLInjection , then create a Dword (32 bit) Value "bBlockDLLInjection"=0, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on “DC” at path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE \Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC and select New->Key. Rename to “DLLInjection”.

Right click “DLLInjection”>>New->Dword and rename to “bBlockDLLInjection”. Set its value to 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know the impact of adding this Dword? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should not be any impact. This is for disabling a change we did in latest release that is causing the crash on a few machines. Please try and let us know if this works for you. We will be fixing this issue in the upcoming release.

Thanks,

-amboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you, in our company we deployed the corresponding reg value and no more error messages. May I ask you to inform us if the new oncoming Adobe Acrobat/Reader version will fix this "bug" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that this worked for you. Yes, this will be fixed in the upcoming release.

thanks,

-amboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest release of Acrobat on 12th April, 2022, this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product.  Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines