• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help! Bold text in edit mode vs. bookmark

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(This post was marked as solved but I still need help... I do not know how to edit the post to indicate that I have not found an answer yet.)

This may be the silliest question but I have been searching and searching to figure this out. I want to easily use bold and italic via keyboard shortcuts.  Single key shortcuts are enabled in my preferences.  I'm using a Mac, but I tried both mac and windows shortcuts to do this easily.  It started working last night for about an hour but randomly stopped working.  I don't remember changing any preferences.  Now I cannot use the bold and italics shortcuts while editing.  Do I need to have something else selected? 

Now whenever I try to bold a word, a bookmark is created. 

Control + B; and command + B don't work.  I'm using minion pro as the font, but I tried switching fonts b/c I saw a few posts about how some fonts don't have that option and that did not work either.  

I'm relativey new to exploring the edit mode, but I'm using acrobat DC.

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Ctrl+B works for me, but you have to select the text first (not just the frame, but the actual text itself), or it will indeed create a new bookmark instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+B works for me, but you have to select the text first (not just the frame, but the actual text itself), or it will indeed create a new bookmark instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typically highlight over the word.  Is that what you mean by select?  This doesn't work for me if so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to unselect this as correct 😞 I know it's correct for other people, but alas, not for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem! 

So annoying! I'm quite unhappy with all the little flaws I've been facing while using Acrobat for Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue....and I am using Windows, not Mac. I cannot for the life of me, get the Cntrl "B" combination to work again. It has always worked for me...until today. And like others, when I use this combination I create a Bookmark instead of making my text bold. And YES, I have selected the text prior to clicking the Cntrl B. I have even tried doing the Control B combination in a text box prior to entering the text...and this no longer works either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of the clear blue sky, this started happening to me.  It was very annoying.

I fixed it.  Here's how.

1) I closed all Adobe tabs

2) I closed Adobe

3) I brought up the Task Manager (Ctl+Alt+Del)

4) Various Adobe Tasks were running

5) Using the Task Manager, I killed all Adobe Tasks

6) I restarted Adobe

7) All Fixed.

Now, if you are not comfortable using the Task Manager, a reboot would probably also fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that totally worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines