Exit

Preflight Error: Unable to load user preferences

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11

Acrobat Version 22.0

I can't use preflight at all. When I open the preflight panel, I get this error: 

I have seen elsewhere the advice to rename/remove the "Preflight Acrobat Continuous" folder, which does not resolve the issue.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023
Yes disabling the security settings, and clearing the pre-flight preferences seems to have fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Windows 11 also.  Tried renaming the"Preflight Acrobat Continuous" folder and that only made things worse.  So I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe several times to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a new computer recently replaced.  I still had the old Windows 10 computer available so I copied the"Preflight Acrobat Continuous" folder from it to the new Windows 11 computer and this seems to have fixed the issue.  Not sure if you have a computer with Adobe that is working correctly to try this as a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find that folder on an older hard drive; not sure what OS or program version it was, but copying that folder worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I take it back. It worked precisely one time, now it's back to the error and the trick doesn't work twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on multipe computers, all Windows 11. None of the profiles load properly and all fail on "import profile." Preflight used to work and preflight is essential to most of us. Adobe .. please give this your attention!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A month later and I am having the same issue.

Windows 11 I can not use Preflight with the latest version of Acrobat Pro. My work computer is using Windows 10 and it still works there, but not on my home computer running Windows 11.

Has anyone found a permanent fix for this? I just checked for updates again and do not see anything for Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visit this thread. "once-and-future" has posted a temporary fix until Adobe does something more than collect our money.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/preflight-predefined-profiles-missing/td-p/944855...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on multiple computers. I am working with Adobe Support. So far they are unable to find a fix.

Windows 11 22H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sultan_of_Dorkistan @stevent76891219 @Matt2359558125kt @CodeMonkeyX @Darla25828162ae75 

Our engineering team is still working on this issue.

Also, as a workaround, please try to Disable the sandbox feature in Acrobat (under Preferences > Security (Enhanced) > Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview)). In the case of empty Profiles (or generally), it is advisable to remove the Preflight preferences (%APPDATA%\Adobe\Acrobat\Preflight Acrobat Continuous) to get fresh libraries/profiles after the sandbox is disabled.

Note: keep a backup of the folder before removing it from AppData, as any custom profiles might get lost during the removing/renaming of folders.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! FINALLYYYY!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unchecked the enable protected mode at startup and was able to get my preflight profile to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dieses Vorgehen hat mir bei meinem Problem mit Preflight geholfen.
Ich bin allerdings ein wenig schockiert, dass dieses Theme bereits ein Jahr alt ist, dieses Problem aber immernoch aktuell ist. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advances on this issue? One a fresh Windows 10 install of Adobe Acrobat 22.003.20310.0 still same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @daniel.frey 

Have you tried the workaround shared earlier and rebooted the computer?

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes disabling the security settings, and clearing the pre-flight preferences seems to have fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a step by step on how to fix this ? I am still having this issue in Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending 3 hours trying to resolve the issue remotely, I received an email from Adobe Customer Care.

"This is regarding the blank Preflight profiles. 

During our remote session we have reverted Acrobat to the previous release and the Acrobat Pro DC2015 Profiles were available. Our engineering team is working on this to resolve the bug. This will happen in the next update. We do not have a date for the next release. You can contact us once to check for the new release and then update the app. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines