Preflight predefined profiles missing

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat Pro is missing the predefinded profiles. While trying to find them, I created the Custom Profiles which I don't want. How do get the predefined profiles? It's handy for converting pdfs to CMYK or grayscale.

screenshot-of-preflight-panel.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repair the Acrobat installation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it did not work. I also did a "Complete Install" and that did not fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Acrobat are you using, and on what operating system?

If a simple re-install does not help, you may have to remove any trace of Acrobat from your system with Adobe's Cleaner tool: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Acrobat Pro XI

I can't find the download link on the page to the Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the red text on the page.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, there are different versions - make sure to download the correct one. And, carefully read the instructions.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the same issue in my wife's office PC running Windows 10. I solve the issue by importing Preflight profiles. Go to "Option" for preflight and select for "Import Preflight Profile". A new window will be opened to select the path, then use this path "Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\plug_ins\Preflight" and find "Default.kfp. It will bring back all the missing default profiles.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You win.  This needs to be the correct answer for this question across the board.  This is such an annoying issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines