• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Prepare Form' tool missing in Adobe Acrobat Standard

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have always been using prepare form tool with my previous laptop but since switching to an new laptop and using Creative Cloud, I no longer have the "prepare from" tool in Adobe Acrobat.

I've triple checked that I'm not using Adobe Acrobat Reader as that one doesn't support the functionality but using Adobe Acrobat Standard 2023.006 

Also did an uninstall and reinstall to see if that would solve the issue but no luck. Checked also latest updates (which there were none).

I can see under the Adobe plug-ins that Acroform.api is loaded and certified.

I've checked that pdf is not protected or I'm using a pdf in PDF/A format. Also tried to start from a word file and convert into pdf but no change

Anybody any ideas how to solve this?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Just a follow up on my original question.

As this is a business laptop configured by the company I work, the IT departement actually checked out the case.

It seems that all new laptop come preconfigured with Adobe Reader and they recently switched to Adobe Creative Cloud in case you needed an upgrade to Adobe Acrobat. Somehow this is where things go wrong, installing Adobe Creative Cloud remotely didn't activate the majority of the plug ins that Adobe Acrobat uses. I thus end up with a very limite

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you go to Prepare Form mode, then? Do any fields appear in the Fields List panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go under the Tools Tab, there is no icon (see screenshot)

If I go --> "File" --> "Create" --> "Create Form" then simply nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to open a PDF file first...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes no difference. Same thing happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even used pdfs that I was working off on my previous laptop and have already forms in them (and they are not protected)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Prepare Form option doesn't appear at all? Try running a Repair Installation from the Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also did (but will try again). Even did a complete uninstall and reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just finished a repair --> no difference.

Did again a complete uninstall - reboot - reinstall --> no difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no "Prepare Form" tools in Acrobat Standard. They only exist in Acrobat Pro, like the Action wizard, Redact tools, etc.

But you can still make forms, it's just a little more tedious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Pro and it's not showing there either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is the case, then what is the purpose of this option in my menu? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To upsell you on Acrobat Pro, probably...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If that is the case, then what is the purpose of this option in my menu? "

Its purpose is to make forms, as I already said it's just a little more tedious because some tools are missing (JavaScript Console, Document scripts, Documents actions, etc.).

Fortunately, there are free scripts to replace some of the missing functions:

http://khkonsulting.com/2014/10/document-level-scripts-acrobat-standard/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a follow up on my original question.

As this is a business laptop configured by the company I work, the IT departement actually checked out the case.

It seems that all new laptop come preconfigured with Adobe Reader and they recently switched to Adobe Creative Cloud in case you needed an upgrade to Adobe Acrobat. Somehow this is where things go wrong, installing Adobe Creative Cloud remotely didn't activate the majority of the plug ins that Adobe Acrobat uses. I thus end up with a very limited Adobe Acrobat version that doesn't allow for any creation of forms. Seems the only solution will be to bring in the laptop and let the IT department remove everything and do a fresh reinstall from their end with an admin account. Only work around at the moment is to use the cloud version until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2024 Sep 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Literally SAME, did you figure it out? My assumption is that we need Pro but if you're not seeing it with Pro then I'm screwed :')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines