• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print 8.5x11 construction plans on 11x17

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to print construction plans on 11x17 but every time I try, it only fills up about 40% of the page. The page size in advanced settings is 8.5 x 11 and I cant seem to change it. I am concerned with manual scaling (zoom) as well becuase these plans will be used on road construction so the scaling of the actual document needs to remain accurate. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change your print scaling to Auto, that enlarge theprintout of the document so that it fills the 11x17 page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have your printer driver set for 8.5 X 11, you should be able to select the Size>Fit feature, and your larger-sized pages will be reduced to fit the printer's defined print area of a page.

fit_print.png

I find this lang-standing feature of Acrobat indispensable - have been using it regularly for years. I hope this solution fits your need.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may have gotten the dimensions for the doc/print scenario backwards, but the solution should still work - Fit to the selected printer print should reduce or expand the output.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines