Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print a PDF so that comments appear

Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Actobat 9 Pro to create a portfolio containing PDFs, which I set up to enable comments. I then used Acrobat 9 Reader to open several PDFs and created comments. I emailed the portfolio to my workmate who also made comments.

We can see both sets of comments in the PDFs, identified with out user names - which is great.

However, if I print the PDFs, the comments do not appear. Are they only visible on-line? is there any way to print them, with their context in the PDF?

Regards,

Sue.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

The Print dialog obtained from File > Print in Adobe Reader (9)  provides for selection of "Document and Markups".

As your screen capture depicts Adobe Reader's Properties does not provide for user configuration of how Comments, Markups, and associated Pop-ups are displayed.

You must have Acrobat Pro (...maybe Standard also) for this functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that there is no way to do this, as no-one has replied. Is there any alternative or work-around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Print dialog ....

PrnComments.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave.

Yes, that's the setting I'm using when I print from 9 Reader. However, no comments appear on my printed page.

I followed a link on the sidebar on this question - I think it's Re: Print a PDF with sticky notes info visible? It seems you can print a PDF with comments from 9 Pro or 9 Standard, but not from 9 Reader.

This is a shame because we would rather not have to spend the money for a Pro or Standard licence for all our users.

Regards,

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS typo in my original post:

"We can see both sets of comments in the PDFs, identified with out user names" - should be "identified with our user names".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NB I should clarify that I'm using the setting "Document and Markups" when I print from 9 Reader - but no comments appear..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see in "Preferences" in 9 Reader. Apparently nothing relating to Comments...

untitled.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Print dialog obtained from File > Print in Adobe Reader (9)  provides for selection of "Document and Markups".

As your screen capture depicts Adobe Reader's Properties does not provide for user configuration of how Comments, Markups, and associated Pop-ups are displayed.

You must have Acrobat Pro (...maybe Standard also) for this functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave. I'll take this as confirmation that Adobe 9 Reader cannot print comments with a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems not to work unless you have the professional version at £15/month, which I certainly don't want for a once a year task. Tried print screen from a full page view and dropped the image into .docx seemed to work fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option is also available in the free Reader, maybe not Reader 9 but certainly in newer versions. Here's a screenshot from Reader XI:

The only option that's not available in Reader is to print only the values of form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can unable to print a pdf with the comment you can follow the steps:-

• Choose Edit > Preferences .

• Select Print  And Pop-ups and deselect Hide Comment Pop-ups When Comments List is Open.

• Click OK.
  • After that when you can enable to print a pdf with a comment you visit Epson Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar problem.  After a very long wait, I receive an error message from Adobe Acrobat Pro that it was expecting a .dic? Dictionary?  I use Screenshots to get around this problem.  It is much slower and uses more printer ink, but it is better than nothing. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines