• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with handwriting annotations with a Microsoft surface pen in Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been handwriting annotations in PDFs with Acrobat Pro DC for a year and it worked fine, almost as well as on paper. I did not have to select the Comment/Draw mode. I could handwrite with the pen directly with the Hand Tool selected.

About one month ago, it all changed. Since then, I cannot handwrite with the pen directly in the Hand Tool mode. And in the Comment/Draw mode, the handwriting is really bad: every letter is smoothened and deformed, and small letters are often replaced by a dot. I should add that I work on Microsoft Surface Book 2 with a very high resolution touch screen (2160 x 3240). I have tried check for updates and repair installation, but it did not help.  I also bought a second Microsoft surface pen, but it was still the same.

Could someone help please?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Hi

It is me again. An Adobe employee (Divya) found a solution over the Chat line. I'll describe it here in case someone else has the same problem:

You need to go to Preferences/General and change Touch Mode from Auto-Detect to Always.

Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc,

As we changed the prefernce for touch mode to always detect instead of autodetect it worked for you.

Thanks for reaching out to adobe support

Regards,

Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This does not work! Still under Edit PDF OBJECTS Edit Using pen is not highlighted and inactive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It is me again. An Adobe employee (Divya) found a solution over the Chat line. I'll describe it here in case someone else has the same problem:

You need to go to Preferences/General and change Touch Mode from Auto-Detect to Always.

Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It is me again. Unfortunately, the above fix did not work for long. One hour later, the same problem is here again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

same problem here.

If I open a document with Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio and Microsoft Pen 2 with Windows 10 handwriting is deformed and dots become small circles... if I open the same file with a HP PC and Windows 11 all smooth and no deformation.

No use changing the "touch" parameter to always.

What's up??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

same problem here.

If I open a document with Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio and Microsoft Pen 2 with Windows 10 handwriting is deformed and dots become small circles... if I open the same file with a HP PC and Windows 11 all smooth and no deformation.

No use changing the "touch" parameter to always.

...what can I do?

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still happening and I can't find any way to write freehand with a pen properly in scanned forms. All the letters end up smoothed and deformed or become small dots the moment the pen is lifted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines