• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Procedure Entry Point Not Found (OCRLibraryInf.dll)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (v 2018.011.20038) and upon clicking "Recognize Text" I receive the following pop-up error:

The procedure entry point ?EndPhase@CProgress@IDRS@@UAEW4IDRS_PROCESS_PHASE@2@@Z could not be located in t he dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\OCRLibraryInf.dll.

I tried removing and re-installing Acrobat to no avail. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bertolin,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, when you click on "Recognize Text" you are getting an error message "The procedure entry point?EndPhase@CProgress@IDRS@@UAEW4IDRS_PROCESS_PHASE@2@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\OCRLibraryInf.dll." Is that correct?

Please reset the Acrobat preferences once and reboot the machine, to reset the preferences, please refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.  and see if this brings any difference.

You can also refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the following Adobe article Acrobat error Entry Point Not Found when using with MS Office 2016

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand,

Removing the preferences did not resolve the issue. However, cleaning the old installation and re-installing from Creative Cloud helped me get one step further. Now instead of getting a memory error, I receive a pop-up that states: ā€œAcrobat could not access the recognition service because: Unable to locate the Paper Capture recognition service. Your installation may be corrupt.ā€

Any ideas?

-Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lovekesh Garg,

I also had the problem.

Unbenannt.png

Copying the individual files was the solution to the problem, Could not access the recognition service when attempting OCR on Windows

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. THANK YOU for potentially saving me hours trying other solutions. I tried your solution first, just lucky, I guess. Anyway, thanks again! Rocko_C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, but can you please explain for the public why this is an issue?  It had been working on my machine before, but suddenly stopped.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked fyn for me  just copy and paste and respect as the said

Could not access the recognition service when attempting OCR on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all of the aforementioned links to no avail. I am however, getting a different error message now...

Capture.PNG

Then after clicking OK I get:

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error. I have exectued all trouble shooting mentioned above. Including uninstall and clean. Please Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error. The Acrobat OCR worked fine until after the latest update to Acrobat DC installed within the last day or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have had this problem only since October.

I had a problem once before with the OCR and it turns out that i needed to copy my C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\  folder contents elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also started with the entry point error then copied the files as per the "fix" above then instead of entry point error now "could not perform text recognition unknown error".

Tried:

uninstall/reinstall adobe dc

uninstaller tool/reinstall

ran windows 10 recovery 2 weeks back

updated windows to 1909

updated to latest adobe dc version

I would hate having to swap a PC just because no one has the solution for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is old, but I found that the ultimate solution was that the Adobe OCR engine was competing with another on the same machine. I experienced all of the same errors and tried the same fixes here in this thread.  No fix.

However, I discovered that the ultimate issue was HP's OCR that had been installed with a laser printer.  Once the HP version was removed, no more errors.  Adobe DC is working like a charm.

~AD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just yesterday one of my IT guys found the same issue with the IRIS OCR HP scan software. He removed it and solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Yes this worked for me too. I removed the IRIS OCR HP scan software and it worked immediatly; didn't even have to restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody still having this problem?  I tried uninstalling the IRIS OCR and its still not working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally a solution that works for me.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Goodbye IRIS OCR, hello Acrobat DC that can actually OCR again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow I've been trying to fix this issue for months. This finally helped

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A_Dust, it would be an honor to shake your hand. 

An employee was having the same issue. Uninstalling I.R.I.S fixed the OCR issue and now Adobe runs with no issues. 

So thank you A_Dust

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yessssssssss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to fix this for DAYS! Worked like a charm - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A_Dust,

Thanks a million for replying to this old thread.  You nailed it!  We installed a new HP LaserJet printer 2 weeks ago and coudn't figure out why Adobe's OCR engine was no longer working.

Thanks to you we removed HP's IdrsOCR, and Adobe is working like a charm as you aptly put it.

Cheers, Rob in Austin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  Had recently installed a HP LaserJet MFP M227fdn but didn't immediately connect this to the new acrobat error message.  Uninstalled the HP OCR probram and everything works as it should.  Thanks so much for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines