• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prompted security warning dialog twice before postscript to PDF file conversion

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm currently being prompted "Do you trust the source of this file and want to convert it?" twice when I try to do postscript to PDF file conversion. I followed the how-to here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/security-warning-postscript-pdf.html#

But this only removes the first instance of the prompt. Any help will be appreciated.

I am running Windows 10 with Adobe Acrobat Pro (Continuous Release).

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If I understood correctly, you are trying to import a postcript file to a PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

Unless there is an issue with copyrighted font types that doesn't allow enbedding (or Acrobat nor Windows 10 having an equivalent font type to substitute with) , this is ery odd.

Usually you just open postscripted files directly with Adobe Acrobat Pro; it will handle the conversion automatically, so I am unsure why the manual extra step is needed to convert from postscript to PDF.

Also, did this happened after updating your Acrobat Pro as recommended in the link that you provided, or is it missing the last update(s)?

In any case, does the problem persists even after repairing the installation and rebooting the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response. We are trying to merge an EPS file with a PDF using the available Adobe libraries in Visual Studio. So we are not trying to do it directly through the Adobe Acrobat UI.

Reparing and rebooting did not rectify the issue.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mario25760337bhdv ,

Just a quick follow up to see if you were able to resolve this issue.

I forgot to ask you if you've been able to take a look at the Acrobat Distiller API Reference?

Specifically how to pass command line options and processing file lists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @ls_rbls ,

Sorry for the delayed response. We have not resolved the issue. We can look into trying to use the Distiller API to see if it is a viable option.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need to use eps? eps is an older format that can be problematic. What is the source of the eps? Can you open the eps in the source application and save or export as a pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Luke Jennings3 ,

The EPS file is like a watermark that we superimpose on top of the other PDF file, so I don't know if converting it to a PDF will be a viable option because we still need to dynamically create the "watermark" as it varies page to page but I will look into it to see if it can be done.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines