• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Add Text Comment" only allows font of Symbol

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"All of a sudden" - Aaaarrrrggg.... When attempting to add a comment using the "T" Add Text Comment option, the only font offered is "Symbol". I must have pushed the wrong button at some point - but would really like to get back to what was a NONSymbol font...

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. That gives better clarity to the whole scenario.

It looks like you have changed the Commenting Font style to Symbol, and now the dropdown menu option is also grayed out.

By any chance, can you click on that small down arrow in the dialog box next to "Symbol"? If not, then try this:

Open Acrobat>Edit>Preferences [Ctrl+K]> Commenting> Viewing Comments >Fonts> change the font from the dialog box>OK 

Comments font .JPG

Did this help?

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. The font type is Tahoma...but Symbol still shows up on the Add Text Comment... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kevin stohlmeyer and @dturnidge 

Sorry to keep you waiting.

Would you mind uninstalling and reinstalling the application once to see if that helps?

Run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application’s files traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Download the Acrobat installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... I followed your instructions and totally wiped my ACROBAT 11 STD off my system. I went to your download page and downloaded "DC"??? That's not what I own, so uninstalled that. Fortunately, I had an old installer for Acrobat 11 std and reloaded it...but can't find whatever was my serial number. Yea! Awaiting further instructions... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction. I found my serial number on adobe.com. I have reinstalled "11" and don't seem to have the problem. That was a bit scary... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue in current Acrobat when trying to create a watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @dturnidge  thank you for trying hard and fixing the activation part. We appreciate you going the extra mile. 

@kevin stohlmeyer based on our ongoing discussion on a different thread for the same issue, I have raised it to our product team. As soon as we'll hear from them, we will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines