• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An internal error occured" whenever I try to preview PDFs in File Explorer, crashes and hangs

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe Acrobat through Creative Cloud to edit PDFs. There's a big issue though. Whenever I browse through File Explorer then select (not open or edit) a .pdf, I get a pop-up from Adobe-Acrobat saying "An internal error occured." Also, sometimes File Explorer crashes or is stuck loading. As soon as I select a .pdf, File Explorer just stops working and I get multiple "An internal error occured" error messages that pop up. 

Please help. I've already researched this issue and no solutions worked for me. Please do not recommend to uninstall and reinstall Acrobat, use the Creatigve Cloud cleaner, or grant permissions for Adobe Acrobat, I tried all three of these solutions and they DID NOT work.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

The issue seems to be with File Explorer's Preview Pane. As a temporary fix, you can switch the view to 'Details pane' instead of 'Preview pane' and File Explorer won't crash or error messages from Acrobat will pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to this, I can open, edit, and dsave PDFs normally with Acrobat with no problems at all. The issue is with File Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue seems to be with File Explorer's Preview Pane. As a temporary fix, you can switch the view to 'Details pane' instead of 'Preview pane' and File Explorer won't crash or error messages from Acrobat will pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a correct answer. It is only a workaround. Please look further down in the comments for a real solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual correct answer is in the other thread linked in this comment. It worked great for me. Just disabling the preview pane is a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix that someone found (without Adobe's help i might add!) doesnt work for everyone.

@adobe please can we have an update on this? You've been silent on this issue since september. The solutions mentioned aren't working for everyone. It's been months. PDFs are a staple part of my day to day, and they're constantly crashing my machine, not saving, not loading, not previewing, crashing programs etc etc. Whats going on, when will this be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there were no 'unknown accounts' for me to delete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a whole pile of accounts with random strings for names. 

I totally agree with you though that it is unacceptable for Adobe to ignore this. @AnandSri 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had this response from Adobe:

ThomHayes_0-1672933545364.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any more response from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not my case, I still have the internal error problem, I have already tried all the suggested options, nothing works, I will have to change the brand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To which brand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings!
There are no unknown user accounts here.
I've managed to solve the problem changing .PDF mime type to Chrome, navigate through some files and switch back to Adobe Acrobat.

Fábio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines