• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"com.apple.webkit.plugin.64 want to use your confidential information"

Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this happening in Safari 11 (since the upgrade)? How can I get rid of this annoying plug-in pop-up (frequently occurs)?

Thanks

Using Acrobat DC Pro Build: 17.12.20098.240878 OS X

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Hi all,

Please note that we have released a patch today that should mitigate the repeated pop-up issue for most configurations. However, there are a few leftover cases for which we are actively working with Apple to address them.

This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-november-29-2017.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn’t work, sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jiporter,

Can you share with us the screenshot from 'Access control'

To find it open 'Keychain Access' > select 'login' from left side pane > search for 'v4.services.acrobat.com' from the corresponding list > double click it > select 'Access control'

Regards

Soumik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Commenting again with updated/additional info)

Hello everyone,

Apology for the trouble you have been facing. We are getting this keychain popup due to some changes related to  Safari 11. To get rid of this I would request you to enter your password and click on  'Always Allow' as shown below. Please don't hit 'Enter' as it would take 'Allow'

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 12.42.15 PM.png

This will allow 'com.apple.Webkit.Plugin.64.xpc’ to get added to the list of 'Allowed applications' for 'v4.services.acrobat.com'.

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 10.52.18 AM.png

Regards

Soumik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this only works for one day and then it starts all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you check whether 'com.apple.Webkit.Plugin.64.xpc’ got added to the list of 'Allowed applications' for 'v4.services.acrobat.com?

To find it open 'Keychain Access' > select 'login' from left side pane > search for 'v4.services.acrobat.com' from the corresponding list > double click it > select 'Access control'.

Please share with us the screenshot.

Regards

Soumik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled all Adobe plugins in Safari and terminated all Adobe processes but it still pops up. I think I will juste delete everything from Adobe until it is fixed, as this is extremely annoying. Adobe does not test their software on OS X betas? This should have been fixed months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi martins21167013

Can you check whether 'com.apple.Webkit.Plugin.64.xpc’ got added to the list of 'Allowed applications' for 'v4.services.acrobat.com?

To find it open 'Keychain Access' > select 'login' from left side pane > search for 'v4.services.acrobat.com' from the corresponding list > double click it > select 'Access control'.

Please share with us the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have entered my password and clicked Always Allow many times - several times a day since this started happening weeks ago. This 'com.apple.Webkit.Plugin.64.xpc’ does not get added to my keychain access.

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 9.45.52 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite clicking “always allow”, "com.apple.Webkit.Plugin.64.xpc” does not get added to the Allowed applications.

I managed however to add it “by hand” (with the +); on my system, it is located in /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices.

Let me hope the annoying dialog does not return any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jlhkrans

Are you still facing the issue after manually deleting and adding the plugin?

Regards

Soumik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manually added the plugin last night and the popup was back again this morning. Grrrr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it in 'access control'. (i was always clicking 'always allow'). But still, it pops up in some time.Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 14.44.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

If clicking 'Always allow' is not resolving the issue please follow the below:-

1. open 'Keychain Access' > select 'login' from left side pane > search for 'v4.services.acrobat.com' from the corresponding list > double click it > select 'Access control'.

2. If theirs any entry of 'com.apple.Webkit.Plugin.64.xpc' delete it by clicking on '-'. Press 'Save changes' and provide your password.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 11.55.27 PM.png

3.  We will need to manually get the plugin added. For that please click on '+' and traverse to the location /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices and select 'com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64.xpc'.

4. Press 'Save changes' and provide your password. That should help you to get rid of the keychain prompt.

Regards

Soumik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying, but nope. Tried that this morning and I just got the pop up. Again.

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 13.08.09.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rohanball,

Sorry for the trouble. Have you got this error even after manually adding this plugin?

Regards

Soumik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm that pop-up shows even after manually adding the plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

soumik011​ the popup seems to have ceased to appear for me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The two solutions we provided (click 'Always Allow' and manually delete and add plugins) should have resolved the issue for most of the users. In case its not working we have already raised this with Apple to understand the problem and get a proper solution.

We would like you to verify couple of more things with respect to this keychain alert:-

1. Open keychain. Right click on 'Login' from left hand pane and select 'change settings for keychain login'. Make sure both the options are unchecked as shown in the images below.

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 12.51.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 12.51.36 PM.png

If the options are checked then ‘login’ keychain might be getting locked after some time and that’s why it’s asking for password to unlock it whenever it needs to access ‘login’ keychain.

2. Are you facing the issue only with Safari? If its keychain login issue you might hit the problem with other applications too.

Regards

Soumik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all the suggestions given here (manually adding etc) and my options are unchecked as per the question raised by Soumik011 above and I still get the pop-up. And YES it seems to happen only in Safari (Chrome, Firefox and Opera seem OK) - usually only once a day, probably when I encounter a site that uses Flash I think.

Mac OSX High Sierra 10.13.1 and Safari 11.01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting the popup after taking all these suggested steps. I haven't spent enough time in firefox or chrome to see if it's safari only or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that I am still having this issue even though com.apple.WebKit.Plugin.64.xpc is listed in Keychain under 'Always allow access by these applications'.   I am only facing the issue in Safari (11.0.1) on 10.13.1.  I used to face this issue only after clearing history but now it is appearing sporadically.  Soumik, do you have any updates?  I do not feel comfortable leaving my keychain unlocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to chime in here and add my name to the list of those affected.

Hopefully one day this will all be resolved and we will look back and laugh. Until then you will find me whimpering in the corner!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so annoying and nothing helped so far (even not deactivating Adobe Plug-ins in the settings)! Now I just deleted all Adobe Plug-ins from web-plug-ins folder. Let’s see if this helps. sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has this been marked as the Correct Answer when it clearly isn't??

Don't just walk away from this very annoying issue! Fix it! It's been weeks now and all we've had are suggestions that leave our computers dangerously unprotected AND DON'T FIX THE PROBLEM!

If I didn't need InDesign and Illustrator on a daily basis I think this would have convinced me to stop using Adobe. You're taking our money, fix the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines