• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Converting" pdf document Table of Contents page numbers to print page numbers

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page numbers in a document's Table of Contents are not usually the page numbers to select for printing. Is there a simple way (an Add-in, for example) that would display the print page numbers when I want to select one or more pages to print from the Table of Contents?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A related question: I thought, at some time in the past, that I was able to click on a document Table of Contents item and be taken to that page in the document. Is my memory bad - has that ever been possible? Is that something that the document creator must make available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something the document's author need to set up. It doesn't happen by itself.

Also, it's not clear what you mean by "print page numbers" and how they are different from other types of page numbers. But basically, what is on the page is what will be printed, regardless of what page range you selected. If you select to print pages 4-10 it will not change the page number of page 4 to 1, if that's what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "print page numbers" are the page numbers that get printed.

If there are 5 pages (introduction and table of contents, for example) in the PDF document, and you elect to print for the first entry in the Table of Contents (whose document page number will be 1), you will get the first page in the document (in the "example"), you will get the first document page, which will be part of the "introduction" probably with a page number in lower case roman numerals.

I'm looking to select page 1 from the document Table of Contents and have that document page print. But in order to get the result I want now, I have to find the place in the PDF file where Table of Contents page 1 resides (could be the 12th page in the PDF file), then select that page number to print. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple example of an approach that would help my cause: 

I  right-click on the document Table of Contents entry that starts on page 1 of the document; I get a display that tells me that Table of Contents page 1 would actually be the 12th page in the document. So when I elect to print, I would tell Acrobat to print page 12, not page 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you mean page labels v. physical page numbers, but it might be easier to follow what you mean if you could share the file in question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines