• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

"save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document. Shows a blank screen. Any idea what would cause this? I just purchased acrobat pro dc.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Found this solution:

The default "Save As" dialog in Acrobat DC is different than the dialog that you've had in earlier releases of Acrobat, it also allows you to save to the cloud and previous locations you've saved files to. It is possible that when Acrobat tries to connect to "the cloud", it runs into problems. You may want to try to turn this feature off to see if that brings your save as dialog back: Open up Acrobat's preferences, then go to the "General" category and deselect "Show online s

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add my expression of displeasure to this conversation.  I should not have to have looked up why my file suddently would notg save.  I did not set the on-line options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old story but here we are in 2022 and the save as box still comes up with a blank window, unless you get rid of the cloud based option for storage...why has it not been fixed? This is really very POOR and given that the software as subscription model is not cheap, Adobe fix this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have a problem after trying your fix in Preferences. The dialogue box that comes up when I want to save is: The document could not be saved. A number is out of range. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite up to date, and having done the suggest fix, I am still having the issue.

Please fix Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just some more feedback for Adobe ... I realize you have a business case to make in terms of getting us to use your cloud storage. But to disable local file saving by default to further that case insults the users who have been so loyal to your products. There was a time when Adobe treated its customers better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines