• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Something went wrong" error preventing Acrobat DC startup

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to start Acrobat DC, I get a pop-up window with "Sorry, something went wrong" followed by "This is likely an issue at out end, but it could be that you are not connected to the Internet. Please check your Internet connection and try again later. If you are still having issues, please see our troubleshooting guide." Nothing displays and the program goes away. Repeatable. This problem started early last week. Long previous use without this problem. Can't find anything helpful in the troubleshooting guide. Connection to the Internet is good. Subscription is active. No indication of any problems on the Adobe pages to manage subscription. I tried using a different user name on the same machine without logging into Adobe and get the same behavior.  Only some of the other computers on the network are having this problem. How can I get more information on what is causing this problem?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Contributor , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

I solved the issue with this document

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-activation.html#error-opening-acrobat-mac 

and solution with the app AcroNGLEnableTool executed in terminal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

For Windows users that are having a similar issue:
I solved it by editing the hosts file in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" and removing all entries without a "#" that are linked to adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

thanks.  changing the MTU for wifi and ethernet turned the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Urih,

Thanks for reaching out. As described above, you are getting issue while opening the Adobe Acrobat DC, correct?

Please try the troubleshooting steps provided in the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I tried following the instructions but it still doesnt work and just leads me from one instruction page to the next. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists.

Please try to remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I hope you were able to fix the issue, if it still persists we need some more information to investigate the issue in detail

• what is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are using? To check the verison go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat.
  • Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS?
  • Do you have any security software installed that might becausing the issue? If yes, what is the security software you are using?

Please collect the machine logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload the logs on the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ , generate the link and share it with us.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same problem, and so is another coworker at the same company. We are both on Macs. My version is 10.15.6. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and have never gotten it to work. It seems to take my license number, then I go through sign-in process, then it comes up with the error described by the user above. "Sorry, something went wrong" followed by "This is likely an issue at out end, but it could be that you are not connected to the Internet. Please check your Internet connection and try again later. If you are still having issues, please see our troubleshooting guide."

I followed your instrcutions for the machine log above, but I do not have the subscription version and when I try to generate the link, it says I need to upgrade. Is there any other way I can share the logs?  Or is there anything else I can try to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response and the trouble caused.

Please collect the machine logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and upload the logs on the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/  , generate the link and share it with us.

Also please share the file from the location "/Users/<USER_NAME>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist" for testing.

You may share the details in private message by clicking on the envelope icon present at the top right corner of the screen.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the issue with this document

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-activation.html#error-opening-acrobat-mac 

and solution with the app AcroNGLEnableTool executed in terminal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows users that are having a similar issue:
I solved it by editing the hosts file in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" and removing all entries without a "#" that are linked to adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having problems after updating Acrobat on my MacBook Pro running  MacOS Catalina  but did not have the problem on my iMac running MacOS Big Sur. I could not get the solutions below to work, as it would not get around the MacOS security. However, what did work was 1) downloading AcroNGLEnableTool to the Desktop, 2) control-clicking on the tool, and then 3) Opening With Terminal.app. It ran automatically and then Acrobat worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still experiencing Sorry, something went Wrong with Adobe Acrobat upon opening the application and have alreay tried:

1. SSL bypass of the domains below

2. Removed any forced ptrocy authentication

Then check your MTU of your adapter, particually with Zscaler ZIA ZCC client connector and WAN links and IPsec Tunnels. The default MTU of 1400 will result in the error page being displayed, set the MTU to 1399 or lower in the ZCC app profile forwarding profile will resolve the issue.

cc-api-data.adobe.io
crs.cr.adobe.com
lcs-cops.adobe.io
ims-na1.adobelogin.com
auth.services.adobe.com
use.typekit.net
server.messaging.adobe.com
p.typekit.net
dpm.demdex.net
sstats.adobe.com
adobe-api.arkoselabs.com
adobeid-na1.services.adobe.com
geo2.adobe.com
acroipm2.adobe.com
armmf.adobe.com
p13n.adobe.io
cloud.acrobat.com
send.acrobat.com
createpdf.acrobat.com
files.acrobat.com:443
adobesearch-sec-uss.adobe.io
adobesearch.adobe.io
dc-api.adobecontent.io

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.  changing the MTU for wifi and ethernet turned the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the complete article to fix something went wrong error . Read this linked article to solve and to prevent mesuares to avoid such errors.

[moderator removed link to an unrelated gmail error solution. You are here with Adobe Acrobat]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have no access

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in the correct answers shared earlier?

Also, make sure you have the application updated to the recent version 23.06.20380. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines