• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"There is insufficient memory to process this page" error when attempting to edit PDF

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to perform some simple edits to the single-page PDF that I have attached to this post. When I open the "Edit PDF" tool, I am presented with a simple, unhelpful error message stating "There is insufficient memory to process this page." The page then re-renders as a rasterized image.

Software:   Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Continuous Release Version 2022.002.20191

CPU:          AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
RAM:        16.0 GB
System:      64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you try to edit? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

This file in question is created from the image of the map, it may contain multiple layers into it thereby slowing down the rendering process of the application and leading to the error message.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been editing 4 other nearly identical PDF's as part of a 5-pdf set. They all edit with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble.

Try to use the Print to PDF feature of Acrobat Pro DC. Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/print-to-pdf.html to know how. Once done, open the PDF in Acrobat Pro DC and use the Edit tool to see if you can edit the document.

Hope it will work

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

The new exported PDF via the print to PDF function has the same insufficient memory error in addition to the colors being messed up.

I have attached the new PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same configuration than yours except:

- Windows: 21H1 Build 19043.1889

- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz 1.19 GHz

I cannot reproduce this issue with your documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your PDF document is simply an image that is 12,600px wide by 12,489px high. So it is likely the other PDFs you were opening were not photos. If they were, I would compare resolutions. Also, Acrobat cannot edit a photo. It tries to OCR the image but because of the really large image size and complexity, it is erroring out. I have a computer with 256GB of ram and a very high-end video card and Acrobat still chokes. It is more about Acrobat than your computer.

maxwithdax_0-1661078476592.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you maxwithdax, I understood Strephen's issue.

Open the Edit tools pane when dispaying another (light) document, uncheck the "Recognize text" option and restart Acrobat.

Then you should be able to edit this document containing a large image.

Capture_606.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Recognize text" has been unchecked the whole time. The checkbox is greyed out and unable to be checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would recognize text help the user actually make any visible edits to the document? It is a PNG or JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What exactly are you trying to do to your PDF? What do you want to change? The whole thing is one big image. So you will not really be able to change anything visibly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines