• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unable to convert PostScript file"

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on OS X El Capitan and am trying to print to a HP Photosmart 5510 and keep getting the error message "Unable to convert PostScript file" ... what is the fix???

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

There are main three fixes for this issue:

1. Your printer is reporting a problem with the PostScript stream that the printer driver produced. What you can try is bring up the print dialog, click on the "Advanced" button and then modify the "PostScript Options" at the top of the dialog.
  2. You can simply print the file from Acrobat or Preview
  3. Open the Advanced menu in Acrobat from the Acrobat print dialog. Select Print As Image. The quality of the printed document may differ when using this method.

If yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hithomasb18318189,

Please let us know the exact dot version of Acrobat installed on your Mac?

Make sure that your Printer driver is updated. Try uninstalling & reinstalling the latest printer drivers.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.11.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that was mac ... Acrobat pro 11.0.06

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having trouble updating my acrobat because it tells me I am putting in the wrong password ... can't find the place to reset the password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hithomasb18318189,

Acrobat 11.0.6 is not compatible with Mac OS 10.11.

Open Acrobat, navigate to Help menu & check for the updates. Update Acrobat XI to 11.0.14 to make it compatible.

Once the updates are installed, try to replicate the issue.

The password it's asking is your Mac user account's password. Please enter it so that you can update the application..

If you can't find an option to reset the password, please contact Mac support team.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you do when everything is updated and it still doesn't work?  Seriously, this is not a user problem - it's an Adobe problem and if I'm paying to have to use this stupid product (which I am), I shouldn't have to spend time fixing it on my end.  Fix it already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Craig,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble.

Could you please provide more details about the issue that you are experiencing?

Are you experiencing issues with the particular workflow in the application?

Please share the Acrobat and OS versions currently in use.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are main three fixes for this issue:

1. Your printer is reporting a problem with the PostScript stream that the printer driver produced. What you can try is bring up the print dialog, click on the "Advanced" button and then modify the "PostScript Options" at the top of the dialog.
  2. You can simply print the file from Acrobat or Preview
  3. Open the Advanced menu in Acrobat from the Acrobat print dialog. Select Print As Image. The quality of the printed document may differ when using this method.

If you are still experiencing problems then proceed to Hp Photosmart 5510 Manual for other hacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I have changed my printer setting to print image, which solved the problem since my current printer was updated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to identify why this is happening but it seems to be MAC only. I am running OSX 10.14.2 and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2019.010.20064.  Both Apple and Adobe says my software is up to date. I only have this problem with documents from one tax client. Other's seem to work fine. I can use 3 possible HP printers and they all result in the same error message. My MAC and my Windows 10 machine share some files. If I copy the offending PDF to my Windows machine and print it, it prints without error on the same printer that my MAC cannot print on. The printers are wireless and shared with both machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encountering the same problem.

Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.6

Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.012.20043

Strangely enough, my husband can print the problematic files from a old tablet, but we get the postscript error on the iMac. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue, and after trying to go through all the settings, and finding nothing, I restarted my computer.  Everthing is working fine now.

MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

Acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.012.20043

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 for what it's worth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mac OS CATALINA 10.15.6 and always get this problem with one particular PDF that is generated when i do my business VAT returns. Acrobat Pro DC just will not play ball and yet when I open that same PDF in another application (PDF EXPERT) and try to print it..it works just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Having same problem from Adobe Acrobat Pro: 

"Unable to convert PostScript file"  Started after trying to print PDF's created out of Pages, however now happens on all.  docments I try to print from Acrobat.  PostScripFileUnableToConvert.png

Thank you for any help!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me three! 

Prints fine from a W10E PC, and also if you load into a browser on the Mac (e.g. Chrome) it prints fine - only fails to print when printing from within DC itself.

Have tried printing as image too, large file so gave up after 15mins of nothing happening although printer dialog said it was printing...

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 20.12.20048.400142

AGM: 4.30.104

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.46820

macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (19G2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, I have this same issue and I am running Catalina 10.15.7.

I used the solution offered by ashishmehraXII  above and that semeed to work for me "print as image"  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Running Catalina 10.15.7 and have Adobe 20.13.20074.411690. I am trying to print a .pdf file created from a scanned document using HP 7855 and HP Smart version 5.6.1. Another .pdf file sourced from a financial institution printed without the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same for me today for any files....

Last version of ADODE ACROBAT and last version for my Mac.

The same file can be printed from my PC on the same HP Printer.

What that means ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Le même fichier peut être imprimé depuis mon PC sur la même imprimante HP.

Qu'est-ce que ça veut dire?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verso macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je vois les mêmes problèmes sur de nombreuses versions Mac OS et pas de réponses ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just print from Preview 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines