• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unable to find 'Adobe PDF' resource files" - Feb 2021

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have probably a dozen people who last week, when trying to save emails as PDFs or convert DOCX files to PDF started reporting errors of:

defaultxfjf3uxnr5jl_0-1613753499822.png

I figured that with everyone having the issue at the same time it was either related to Windows Updates, Office 2019 Updates, or an update from Adobe...?  I see the error reported in articles a couple years ago but nothing recent.

Acrobat version is 2017 (17.011.30190)

Appreciate any input!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jcritzer,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you  please follow steps mentioned at https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdfmaker-error-unable-to-find-adobe-pdf-resource-files.html and let us know if it works.

Thanks and regards,

Rohit Anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Pro 2020 and this did not fix the issue for me 😞

unable to find adobe pdf resource files

I am unable to convert or combine windows documents to pdf and I could last week. 

Is this an adobe issue or a Microsoft issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please check the correct asnwer marked in a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/adobe-2017-issues-with-patch-2017-011-30190/td-p/11835350 and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have not observed the issue being reported on Acrobat 2020.

We have found users who are on 2017 track experiencing this issue are missing Microsoft Runtime VC++ from the machine, please use this link: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe to install this version of runtime on the machine. This is required for this feature to work. If this doesn't help to fix the issue immediately after the installation, please reboot your machine once and try again.

Let us know how this work for you. Thank you for your patience and for reporting this to us.

Regards,

Subrato

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Can you share me the following info so as to investigate the issue?

1. Acrobat version

2. OS version

3. Office version

4. Is happening with all office files?

5. What is the error dialog that you are observing?

Regards,

Subrato

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have inside info, but I do have a test which checks: does Acrobat PDFMaker for Word work at all? (This is a Word add-on, added by Acrobat, to make PDFs using Word).

Start Word. Look for the Acrobat ribbon. Open a Word document. Choose Create PDF (or similar) from the Acrobat ribbon. Does this work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines