• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raise WIthout Handler

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10. When I select various documents in a folder, right click, and choose "Combine with Adobe Acrobat DC," I get this error. It often crashes my Adobe and/or File Explorer. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what directory or folder are these files saved in?

Can you verify if this issue started happening recently after an unattended upgrade of Windows and Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens no matter where the files are saved. I was getting the issue a few months ago, but worked around it by opening all the files I wanted to combine from within Adobe. Then, my Adobe started crashing and refusing to even open, and unintalling it and reinstalling it did not help. So the work IT guy spent an hour doing all kinds of things and eventually fixed it so that neither problem happened. Since then, I have been able to use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC without issue...until now, when I've begun experiencing the "Raise without handler" problem again. I have not upgraded either Windows or Acrobat that I know of. Well, my computer has installed updates and restarted a few times, but I'm still on Windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible that you might've installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC in the past?

From what you're describing seems more to me like a conflict between Adobe programs.

Somewhere in-between the Creative Cloud (CC) Desktop app, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Adobe Reader.

These programs, when installed in parallel share many identical libraries system files and system folders (not to mention registry keys - if on MS Windows).

Have you tried these tools before:

The use of these tools may appear a little bit advances to some, but it is worth taking the time to learn how to use them and deploy them properly.

Also, there used to be a workaround in the past circulating over the Internet, where the Raise without a Handler was identified with Adobe Acrobat Reader. 

Some people used to fix the problem by executing the EULA.exe and accepting the agreement.

I am not sure if this still works,  but when Adobe Reader is opened for the first time, a screen with the End User Agreement would pop up. 

All you had to do back then was tick the checkbox to accept and it would close, and thereafter the user would be able to enjoy Adobe Reader with no further issues.

Let us know if any of these tips work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines