• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rearranging stamps in stamps pallette

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use stamps for documents at my work.  I have created many, many unique stamps for our industry.  The problem is when opening the stamp palette the stamps are organized according to when they were added.  This is fine until we add a new one and it is nowhere near where we might look.  As far as I can tell, there is no way to either search or rearrange the stamps in the palette once entered.  Is there ANY way to manipulate the stamps once they have been added to a palette?  I sure hope so!  Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Having been faced with the same problem and seeing as how Adobe have steadfastly not answered the query for 10 years (the oldest reference to this query that I found, and unanswered then too), I have created a workaround that seems to work.

Steps:

1. Go to where the Custom Stamps palette contents are stored on your computer. In my case (on a Mac OS X 10.14), it is in

~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Acrobat/DC/Stamps. Each of the files there contains the stamps used in each Custom Stamps categ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having been faced with the same problem and seeing as how Adobe have steadfastly not answered the query for 10 years (the oldest reference to this query that I found, and unanswered then too), I have created a workaround that seems to work.

Steps:

1. Go to where the Custom Stamps palette contents are stored on your computer. In my case (on a Mac OS X 10.14), it is in

~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Acrobat/DC/Stamps. Each of the files there contains the stamps used in each Custom Stamps category.

2. They are named with a "random" string but you can see the contents in a preview or with a PDF viewer. Open the relevant file in Acrobat Pro.

3. In Acrobat Pro, go to Organize Pages. You will see the stamps on individual pages, in the order they show in the Stamps palette. If you haven't already, close the Stamps palette.

4. In Organize Pages, drag each page (the stamp) into the order you want them to be shown on the Stamps palette.

5. Close Organize Pages. Save the file with the same name.

6. Quit Acrobat Pro, then restart the application. Open the Stamps palette. The stamps should now be in the order you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @AlanLitchfield for sharing this tip! This has been bugging me for years and as many, I have been so irritated by Adobe's lack of respect. You are truly a scholar and a gentleman!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a good tip but it works with stamps located in one PDF only. At my work place we have several categoris of stamps like Seals, Signatures, Shop Drawing Reviews etc. which are located in a different PDF each. How do I arrange them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename the files in the Stamps folder to alpha-numerically arrange them in the same order you want them to show.  Example -->  1_MyFirstStamp, 2_MySecondStamp, 3_MyThirdStamp, etc.  You can do this from the 'Master' files that you share with everybody, or let each user decide the best order for them and let them rename their own files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correction- Acrobat DC orders stamps with numbers as text-> 1, 11, 2, 22, 3, etc. so choose your alphanumeric ordering with this in mind.  Windows explorer orders numbers like numbers- 1, 2, 3, 11, 22, 33, so your order there may not be what you want in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines