• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receiving error when Printing to Adobe PDF

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Receiving the following message when printing to PDF, just started yesterday. I did have a Windows update this week.. any help appreicated. 

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
%%[ Error: typecheck; OffendingCommand: setlinecap ]%%

Stack:
-save-

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print and prepress , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Hi There,

This is regarding your following feedback for Adobe Acrobat:

“Print job getting flushed while printing from Adobe PDF printer on Google chrome version (80.0.3987.87)

With our latest release on 12th May. 2020, the issue reported by you has been addressed.

If your product has not already been updated, to get the latest product update, click on the menu Help --> Check for updates in the product.

For more information about the release, please refer to the Release Notes and the New Feature Summary

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue, but only when attempting to print to PDF from Chrome. Firefox and other programs such as Outlook work fine.

I restarted the computer to see if that would help, but the problem got infinitely worse; literally. Instead of just the one log file popping up with the same error, hundreds of them popped up one after the other like I had just won solitaire in Windows 95. The only way to stop the onslaught of log files from opening, was to go kill the AcroTray.exe process manually. Hopefully an answer or a fix comes quickly for this because I rely on this functionality every day from Chrome and the beahvior in other browsers is not as clean.

Contents of every file the same:

%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%

Stack:
-save-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is only happening in Chrome.. right now Firefox works, but all my work is done via Chrome.

Word docs and outlook are working fine.. anything that I print to PDF from a website on Chrome is when I get the error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem (setlinecap...etc.) just popped up for me also today using Chrome.  Have printed from the same site with same fonts/graphics in the past with no problem from chrome using adobe pdf printer driver.  If I print from MS Edge there are garbled fonts everywhere.  If I Microsoft Print to PDF no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*** Workaround***

If you switch to "Microsoft Print to PDF" the error does not appear since it is not using Acrobat distiller.

The only caveat is that you may lose some functionality in the output file, since it is not pure Adobe.

Example: I alwyas use the stamp feature for documents I print to PDF, and when I use that on a PDF not created with Adobe; the stamp will not print properly (at all).

Hopefully the fix from Google will come quickly in a new release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Never had this problem before.

Stack:
-save-

It only happens in Chrome for a specific page. I tried to clear cache and history + rebooting, same problem.

Firefox has no such problem, only in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked in the Google community and it seems that the latest Chrome 80 is the culprit and Google is aware and working on this problem. See here - https://support.google.com/chrome/a/thread/27747360?hl=en

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It started happening around the same time as well. It works in every other browser except Chrome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar error, here, but from Firefox (FF version 72.0.2 on Windows 10 Pro 64, ver 1930 build 18362592). Started about 4 weeks ago. I either get a similar error (above) or it prints with just the first page.

MS Edge works fine.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue via Chrome.  I haven't used any other browser yet.  I am able to save to PDF using the standard Windows 10 "Save to PDF" option and output is as I expected... maybe this is a work around until Chrome or Adobe get the issue resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The team is aware of this issue and currently looking into this. We will update you once we get any information on this.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

Any updates/solution  on above issue. Still we are facing the same issue.

Stack:
-save-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED: Version 80.0.3987.100 (Official Build) Chrome browser update has fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for us 

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More. Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  4. Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
  5. Near the bottom, click PDF documents.
  6. Turn off Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution that says that the latest version of Chrome fixed this issue did not work for me on a windows 10 pc. Updated Chrome and still get the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same error printing out notes slides for PowerPoint.  Has worked fine up until yesterday when I started seeing the same error message you posted.  I desperately need this functionality as we move our lectures to an online format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

This is regarding your following feedback for Adobe Acrobat:

“Print job getting flushed while printing from Adobe PDF printer on Google chrome version (80.0.3987.87)

With our latest release on 12th May. 2020, the issue reported by you has been addressed.

If your product has not already been updated, to get the latest product update, click on the menu Help --> Check for updates in the product.

For more information about the release, please refer to the Release Notes and the New Feature Summary web links.

Hope this helps in addressing the reported issue. We look forward to the continued feedback.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Sr. Software Engineer, Adobe Noida

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have the same error since the end of last week...

%%[ Error: syntaxerror; OffendingCommand: --nostringval-- ]%%

Stack:
/CB
-dict-
/Pscript_WinNT_Compat
-dict-

I'm simply trying to print a PDF in A3 into one in A2. The error appears regardless of which PDF I use.

There are no pending updates and I didn't change any settings, so I have no clue where the problem comes from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved... I tried 'repair installation' and deleted the history of the files last used and suddenly it works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and again the problem appears. It's so annoying being forced to work with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with working with adobe. It's not leeting me to login. Besides, I can get assess to the software. Please help. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Printer Preferences uncheck the box that syays "Rely on System fonts"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you solved my problem.

thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does someone really knows what to do? i had tried everything, and none of it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines