Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Crop Marks, Registration, etc. but keep Bleed

Participant ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I prepress for printing and literally every designer sends us files with crop marks and registration marks and we don't need all that nonsense for production. All we need is bleed. Often times the crop marks are inside the bleed area which is just a pain.

Is there a way in acrobat to remove the crop marks using the preflight tool or a script? I need to keep the bleed. All the solutions I keep finding on here remove the crop mark and the bleed.

Currently I'm having to edit the pdf to remove the crop marks but that is a nightmare and sometimes causes issues with the artwork.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

I believe PitStop can do that, you can also try this preflight fixup, although if the crop marks are intruding into the bleed box, it might ignore them.

remove marks.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe PitStop can do that, you can also try this preflight fixup, although if the crop marks are intruding into the bleed box, it might ignore them.

remove marks.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixup should do the trick: I've used it in the past and it works quite well, although looking at it again now, I notice that the option to remove anything outside of "Trim Box" is no longer an option (as that was more reliable)... just "Bleed Box", or am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works perfectly! Even when crop marks are inside the bleed it takes them out correctly. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come my dialoge box doesn not have the same options as in this solution?

I dont have anything called "page contents" as you can see and nothing appears when I search the word "remove"

Any ideas why my dialoge box is so different from this solutions example?

Skjermbilde 2023-01-30 kl. 09.59.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to select the preflight fixups (blue wrench icon).

remove mark.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines