• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove digital signature created with now expired certificate

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I digitally signed a pdf document in January 2022.  The certificate used to sign that document expired in November 2022.  I just re-opened the document to do some editing, but it won't let me remove my old signature so I can re-sign with a current date.  If it helps any, I believe my certificate comes from my ID card (medium assurance token) and not a software token.

When I right click on my digital signature, there is no "Clear Signature" choice.

If someone can help, I'd appreciate it.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chris28918949yrga 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.01.2006x  installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

I tried a dozen pdf's stored on my hard drive.  It's any pdf signed prior to obtaining the most recent certificate.

The version I am using is Adobe Acrobat Pro, NUL, Continuous Release Version 2022.003.20263.  This is the enterprise standard and I am unable to update it.  There was a link to repair the installation.  I tried that but it's the same version/same problem.  I also do not have admin rights.

I engaged our enterprise help desk and even after raising it to Tier 2 assistance, they were unable to find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines