• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove the comment time stamp in a PDF document

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know what's the best way to remove the comment time stamp from a document?

thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Do you mean that you want to remove the timestamp of a particular comment? If so, there are two timestamps associated with a comment, the creation date and the modified date. The modified date is what's shown in the comments list in Acrobat/Reader and can be altered by a script, but the creation date will still be present though unseen and unmodifiable directly with a script. It's possible to export the comments to a data file (FDF/XFDF), edit the file to remove/replace any timestamp info, and r

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that you want to remove the timestamp of a particular comment? If so, there are two timestamps associated with a comment, the creation date and the modified date. The modified date is what's shown in the comments list in Acrobat/Reader and can be altered by a script, but the creation date will still be present though unseen and unmodifiable directly with a script. It's possible to export the comments to a data file (FDF/XFDF), edit the file to remove/replace any timestamp info, and re-import the comments into a copy of the file that doesn't have comments. So the best approach really depends on what it is you're trying to accomplish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, George. It does not work for me. I downloaded the .fdf file, but I could not modify the timestamp info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To remove timestamp info on the comments, one quick way is:

Select all the comments in the Comment panel.  Right click, choose PROPERTIES > GENERAL > AUTHOR. Type (or retype) your name there. Then when you click OK, the "modified" timestamps, which is what's visible on all the comments, update to the current time. So the dat & time are still there, but at least they are all set to the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work for Macs?  When I select a comment and right click, I do not see "Properties". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat DC Pro on a Mac, and I got it to work. Select all the comments, then right-click on the three dots in the upper right corner of one ot the comments (NOT the three dots above the comments, next to the filter and search options). Properties will show up in the menu; select the General button then delete the author name and hit OK. Erases all the commenter names and sets all the comment times to the current time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the suggestion by qwerty62 and it worked. Most helpful. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in in the world will adobe just make a simple comment summary that is TEXT ONLY. I don't want authors names because I'm the only author, I don't want lines, or time stamps or anything. Just one text document with my comments ONLY.  It's been 10 years I've been waiting for that function. and in the year 2017 you still don't have it.  It's for the love of all that is holy, just make a simple way to export my text to a text document  with only my typed text.  I'm a graduate student and this is very common for professors to want a log or summary of your findings from a pdf. I have my comments attached to the pages in the doc. I just need to turn that log in in a way that I can string it together into complete sentences, paragraphs and an essay format.    I cannot be alone on this because I see this question asked a lot and even the current comment summary leaves in all that crap. Just need to merely select my text and copy paste text. seems like the simplest thing. please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've developed a script that does exactly that, with students in mind. You can contact me privately (try6767 at gmail.com) if you're interested in purchasing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The methods described by other commenters wont work if you are uploading it to drive/if the viewer is reading it off google drive. I found that the method on this article works in removing the timestamp entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a bunch of craziness.  This should be a check box in properties, not messing with the code.  Thank you for at least creating a solution to this simple problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really. Why is it so hard to think you might want to keep all this information private from everyone? Can Adobe not have a simple tool to scrub author names and/or dates and times from comments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines