At some point, I typed (or pasted) an extremely long line of text in my debugger. It stretched it such that I have to scroll horizontally to see the right edge, as well as the trash can icon. The handle in the bottom right corner does not affect this.
This has never reset, even with a computer restart, different documents, etc. Do I have to reinstall Acrobat to fix this??
Over a year later and I am finding many posts with similar issues online, but no solution... did you ever find the answer to this question? This is the second time I am experiencing the debugger window size issue. It is so big I cannot see the console and the top toolbar on a 2560x1440 resolution monitor.
This is unacceptable from Adobe to let a critical tool issue go this long without a solution.
I found the sollution on a Windows 10 install of Acrobat DC Pro. The Registry key needs to be changed to force the window back to a reasonable internal dimension. Rediculous, I know, but this is what seems to be required after Adobe's year(s) of silence on the issue. We are forced to figure it out on our own. Shame on you Adobe!
Here is the key to change on my system at least.
For my screen resolution of: 2560x1440, I changed the 4 positions to decimal values of:
After closing and reopening the Debugger window, all the internal widnow elements were back to their normal sizes and could all be seen in one window without scrolling. <sigh>
Seems a slightly different problem, since there is no need to scroll this window horizontally. If I were faced with the window in your screen shot I would try this:
- move the console slightly down so the title bar is a little down from the top of the screen
- resize the top edge down
- drag the whole window up
- repeat as needed
No amount of moving edges or corners resized the internal elements of the window.
Only the bottom right corner resized the outside window diemnsions.... internal elements stayed huge requireing scrolling horizontally and vertically.
No joy when resizing from top or left sides, it just moved the window, didn't resize as one would expect from the Windows standards we all expect.
Solution was just posted before this post. Found the registry key that fixed all my issues.
I was able to resize from the top edge, so long as there was space above; the trick is to mess around until the cursor changes to an up and down arrow. But maybe it is stuck with a minimum size in the case you hit. Clunky.