• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize pages on Acrobat Pro DC Mac

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me with resizing individual or multiple pages within a pdf on a mac, using Acrobad Pro DC? It's often irritated me that resizing pages doesn't appear to ever been a feature of Acroboat Pro over the years, the workaround being to use the PDF Printer and set 'fit to page'. However, I've now found that the pdf printer functionality is no longer available on a mac, so there doesn't even appear to be any workaround!

I have a multi page PDF document, all A4 pages except two which are A3 and A1. I want the whole document to be A4, using fit to page or shrink oversize pages. This is a functionality we use often for compiling documents with appendicies, although I haven't done so for a little while so not sure when the functionality was lost. 

Acrobat Pro on a mac, as far as I am aware, has never included the PDF printer that you get on Windows but you have in the past been able to click 'Printer...' in the print dialogue box to get the macOS print doalogue where you can select 'PDF > Save as PDF'. When you try and do this now, you get an error "Saving a PDF file when printing is not supported. Instead, choose File>Save." But, as far as I'm aware, when using File>Save I'm unable to resize pages!

I'm using macOS Monterey 12.5 and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2022.001.20169 with a Creative Cloud All Apps subscription.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

The Preflight tool has profiles for scaling all the pages in a file to a specific size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Preflight tool has profiles for scaling all the pages in a file to a specific size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but I wonder if you can assist further... I'd seen this response to a similar question but, having spent quite some time trying to find the Preflight tool, it didn't seem to give me the answer I was after. I've posted an image of the dialogue box I get when clicking on Edit>Preflight but having spent some time digging around can't seem to find what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick update for those interested... I've now found this page (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/Change-PDF-page-size-in-MAC.html) that appears to be exactly what I'm looking for.

Essentially, I needed to select 'Single fixups' which is the spanner icon in Preflight and then find 'Scale pages...' under the 'Pages' expandable heading. Initially I couldn't see a 'Scale' option, I had to then select 'Prepress, Color and Transparency' in the top drop down box that was set to 'Essentials' by default. It was also available under 'Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles'

Having now seen that it is possible in Acrobat, I'm even more baffled as to why it's such a complicated process. Surely resizing pages, either individually or in bulk, is a fairly common requirement of a PDF editor? It's something that I am able to do on a couple of the free acrobat alternatives that I've used, so why not a feature on Acrobat Pro?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look here:

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines