Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RESIZE PDF

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Acrobat Pro on my mac and i can't find out how can i resize (dimension of file) the pdf.

Please HELP ME!!!

Thank you

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

To just change the size of the page without scaling the content, you can use the crop tool, which allows you to either crop down to a smaller size, or change the page size to a larger page size.

If you want to scale, if you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can actually do this in Acrobat without the need for any other software: The "Preflight" tool contains a profile that resizes all pages to a specified size:

2016-06-13_09-31-14.png

Once you click on the "Fix" button at the bottom of the dialog, you will be prompted for a p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean scale the pages? This is not really an option in Acrobat. In Windows it can be done by sending the file to the Adobe PDF virtual printer with the new page size, but that option is not available on a Mac. It might be possible using the Preflight tool, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

The other option is to use a script, like this one I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Scale PDF Pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the preflight tool of Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To just change the size of the page without scaling the content, you can use the crop tool, which allows you to either crop down to a smaller size, or change the page size to a larger page size.

If you want to scale, if you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can actually do this in Acrobat without the need for any other software: The "Preflight" tool contains a profile that resizes all pages to a specified size:

2016-06-13_09-31-14.png

Once you click on the "Fix" button at the bottom of the dialog, you will be prompted for a page size (which you have to specify in millimeters), and then all pages will get scaled to that size.

Acrobat Standard does not have the preflight tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the "Scale pages to specified size" option on Acrobat Pro DC, only "Scale pages to A4" and "Scale pages to A4 if not larger A3". Is that profile available to download somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activate following button:

bild9b.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did they remove this feature? i really need it and i cant find it ...

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 1.24.17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the library "Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You set this st the top of the dialog, where it says "Essentials"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for the crop page tip that allowed me to add to page size without scaling content.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really finding this beyond frustrating. It's bad enough it's so complicated but when 99% of the past explanations do not align with the menu now it's just a spiral of bad uses of time. I want my documents all in letter size. Print to PDF is not appearing in the options on my mac. Preflght (or whatever) does not have the options above and was hidden in "more tools" ... seriously folks--please take your users' experience more seriously. Sometimes we have to do one-off tasks and this makes it miserable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat does you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I”m using Acrobat Pro 2023.001.20093.

My page size is currently 5.5 x 8.5".

My target page size is 11 x 8.5".

Drilling down interminable layers I arrive at:

Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 10.17.19 AM.png

However the dialog box that loads is in millimeters.

Drilling further, there is no apparent way to change the increments to inches.

That written, when I use a converstion calculator, and input 11 x 8.5" as millemeters (279.4 x 215.9), the page does not scale to the desired and expected landscape proportions.

If I return to the previous dialog box, the values are again the default 297 x 210mm, which while close to the target, don’t appear to be honored. My page size now appears to be nominally square.

Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 10.23.45 AM.png

If you would, please provide guidence for changing the increments to inches, and specifically how to interpret “Long edge” and “Short edge.” These would appear to be meaningless in relativity.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preflight option is for proportional scaling only. You want to scale a page  from 5.5 x 8.5" to 11 x 8.5", you say. This is the same height and twice the width. What do you want to happen...

- add white space on either side (2.25") without touching the height or changing the shape?

- scale by stretching to double the width?

- rotate from tall to wide, then do some kind of scaling from 8.5 x 5.5" to 11 x 8.5"?

- you actually want to scale to 8.5 x 11" - changing the shape a little but keeping it tall (portrait) rather than wide (landscape)?

- something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I continued to poke at it and have managed, by way of mm values, to do what needed to be done.

Importantly, one must start from the original document, with original values, and adjust from there.

It would still be helpful to be able to change the increments in the Preflight: Specify Variable Value to inches from millimeters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines