RESIZE PDF

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Acrobat Pro on my mac and i can't find out how can i resize (dimension of file) the pdf.

Please HELP ME!!!

Thank you

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016
To just change the size of the page without scaling the content, you can use the crop tool, which allows you to either crop down to a smaller size, or change the page size to a larger page size. If you want to scale, if you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can actually do this in Acrobat without the need for any other software: The "Preflight" tool contains a profile that resizes all pages to a specified size:Once you click on the "Fix" button at the bottom of the dialog, you will be prompted for a p...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean scale the pages? This is not really an option in Acrobat. In Windows it can be done by sending the file to the Adobe PDF virtual printer with the new page size, but that option is not available on a Mac. It might be possible using the Preflight tool, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

The other option is to use a script, like this one I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Scale PDF Pages

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the preflight tool of Acrobat Pro DC.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To just change the size of the page without scaling the content, you can use the crop tool, which allows you to either crop down to a smaller size, or change the page size to a larger page size.

If you want to scale, if you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can actually do this in Acrobat without the need for any other software: The "Preflight" tool contains a profile that resizes all pages to a specified size:

2016-06-13_09-31-14.png

Once you click on the "Fix" button at the bottom of the dialog, you will be prompted for a page size (which you have to specify in millimeters), and then all pages will get scaled to that size.

Acrobat Standard does not have the preflight tool.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the "Scale pages to specified size" option on Acrobat Pro DC, only "Scale pages to A4" and "Scale pages to A4 if not larger A3". Is that profile available to download somewhere?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activate following button:

bild9b.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did they remove this feature? i really need it and i cant find it ...

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 1.24.17 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the library "Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles".

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You set this st the top of the dialog, where it says "Essentials"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU for the crop page tip that allowed me to add to page size without scaling content.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines