• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing individual pages within a PDF

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help figuring out how to resize individual pages within a document. I am creating a new PDF by inserting individual PDFs into it to create one master document. Those individual PDFs come in different sizes: letter, legal, and executive.  The final Master PDF needs to print 8.5 x 11 for all pages EXCEPT one page needs to print as legal (8.5 x 14).

When I insert the PDFs, they all print in their original sizes so the document comes out with all three pages sizes. I did figure out how to change the print settings so that the entire document prints as 8.5x11 (letter), but that doesn't solve my need for one page printed larger.

QUESTION: Does anyone know how to get the final result I am looking for?

I was thinking I could shrink the individual PDFs down to 8.5x11 before I insert them into the Master. And only leave the one page as 8.5x14. But the only options I find for that are in the Print Options, which doesn't actually change the size of the document. Any other ideas?

(Hopefully I explained this well enough. If needed, below is the version I am using.)

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

As you have shared the screenshot you are using Fit option in printing, You have to select the option 'shrink'. I t will shrink your oversized pages to the selected level and you will get same sized prints.

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to get this without changing PDF pages sizes (which is hard) but by using page fitting settings in the print dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying.

I've tried using the print dialog. Can you direct to me to where specifically?

If I choose "Fit", it prints all pages on 8.5x11. If I choose "Actual size", it prints each page in it's original size and orientation (letter, legal, executive, portrait, landscape...).

What I need is a way to print all pages as 8.5x11 with only ONE page printed at 8.5x14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have shared the screenshot you are using Fit option in printing, You have to select the option 'shrink'. I t will shrink your oversized pages to the selected level and you will get same sized prints.

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I misunderstood. I don't think you can do that. You could print all pages but the one, then the odd one with different settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to complete change the size of the original documents? I used about 15 different PDFs and added them together into a master PDF. Can I go into the individual PDFs, change their size to Letter. Then replace the resized document in the master PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem--I DON'T want to print, I want to size all the documents already IN the pdf to be the same size. It look sunprofessional when scrolling and suddenly one document is giant and oversized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the preflight tool of Acrobat DC Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Crop Pages. Select around the page you want to re-size and press return. You will be presented with settings options. The best for you is at the bottom where you select a page size. When you are happy press OK.

Bear in mind you cannot reduce the page size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to be clear, you can change page size with a preflight profile, as Bernd has suggested (Tools> Print Production> Preflight> Fixups). In order to edit a profile, you first must make a copy of it from the Options fly-out menu.

scale pages to specified size.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines