• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rich Text formatting in fields not working...

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have designed a certificate in InDesign and then created a PDF from this (the client wants to have an editable PDF Certificate so they can add course name, trainee, date and trainer details themselves). In the PDF I have then added Text Fields and in the Text Field Properties I have ticked 'Allow Rich Text Formatting' and 'Multi-Line' so we keep a nice script font for the trainee name etc. On the certificate itself I have put text into the fields such as 'Trainee Name here' so that they can simply over-write this with their information. I then did Save as Other' > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools (Includes form fill-in & save).

I then used this PDF to test, using Adobe Reader as the client would. Whilst over-writing the text works great, the problem I have is when I copy and paste into the text fields instead (thinking the client will lift this info from somewhere else rather than hand-key the names in etc. I'm copying from Mac's TextEdit app (which is set to plain text) but when I paste into the PDF field it doesnt keep the rich text formatting that was set when I created the PDF text fields. (And of course the same happened copying from Word). Also the same happens in Acrobat too.  Using latest version of InDesign and Acrobat/Reader.

Any ideas, advice happily received. I'm stumped, have a deadline (of course) and Google isn't supplying the answers! Thank you 🙂

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the entered text and press cmd-e. Then you can change the formatting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Is there are also a shortcut like this for PC users? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CTRL+E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines