• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

right click convert to PDF in windows 10

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10 Explorer, when I right click on my word file to convert to PDF, there is no response.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

For the record, this is what worked to fix things for me. How you guys at Adobe don't know this after YEARS of this problem coming up in so many versions of the software is quite a mystery. This resolved both my Right Click to Convert issue as well as the Unable to find resource files error. Maybe pass this along to your engineers so they can fix the problem properly during the install process.

Rachel, I don't know if this will fix the issue you're having but it woul dbe interesting to know. Tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rjtrudeau,

As per the description above, the right click-convert to Adobe PDF in Windows 10 is not working, Is that correct?

Please check for the latest updates of Acrobat from Help >Check for updates. You can also download the updates manually through Overview — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes  Link: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

My Acrobat 2017 is up to date, as all updates are automatic.  I hesitate to "re-install" updates in case it makes things worse.

That said, the issues still exists.

Rachel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Acrobat Pro 2017. When I right-click on a Word file in File

Explorer, the window has the following options:

- Convert to Adobe PDF

- Convert to Adobe PDF and email

- Combine Files in Acrobat.

When I select "Convert to Adobe PDF", it does not ask me where I want to

save the file, and right now I don't know where the files are ending up.

For the moment, I have to open them and do a "save as" to select the file

location desired.

It seems to me that the default should be in the same location, but that I

should receive a prompt to ask me either save "here", or....

Rachel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem and this issue seems to go back to Acrobat 9 and Office 2007, judging from Google searches.

For me, when I click the Convert to PDF in the Context Sensitive menu, I get a "Create Adobe PDF" dialog box that states Unable to find "Adobe PDF" Printer or "Acrobat Distiller" Printer. Do you want to run the installer in repair mode?

Running a repair of Acrobat or Office does not fix the problem. I'm not sure if a solution to my problem will fix Rachel's issue or if a fix to her problem will fix mine.

This may not be a feature many people use, but those use it rely on it heavily to save them time.

Of the three computers I've checked today they all have the same problem. Since this has been going on for nearly 10 years apparently, I would think there would be a solution readily available.

Since you'll ask, we're running Windows 10 Enterprise 1703, MS Office 2016 through Office 365, and Acrobat DC, specifically version 17.009.20058.37826 according to the About window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rachel,

I have sent you a private  message with more troubleshooting steps, please check your email inbox.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, this is what worked to fix things for me. How you guys at Adobe don't know this after YEARS of this problem coming up in so many versions of the software is quite a mystery. This resolved both my Right Click to Convert issue as well as the Unable to find resource files error. Maybe pass this along to your engineers so they can fix the problem properly during the install process.

Rachel, I don't know if this will fix the issue you're having but it woul dbe interesting to know. Thank you.

Manually install the PDF Printer

• Click Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers
  • Select Add a printer
  • Select Add a local printer
  • Check Use an existing port and select Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF) from the drop down.  Click Next
  • Click the Have Disk… button
  • Click the Browse…button
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat XX\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF
  • Select AdobePDF.inf from the list, click Open and then click the OK button
  • You will see many Adobe PDF Converters in the list, however count six down from the top and click Next (you may need to try this numerous times to find the correct Converter from the list that works with your version of Windows)
  • Name your printer Adobe PDF
  • Follow the rest of the prompts and your PDF printer should now be installed correctly

If you are later prompted for the ADPDF9.PPD file, it can be found in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat XX\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF\<OS version> folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello DavidJWilson415

Thank you so much for sharing the workaround , the steps you mentioned is for adding AdobePDF printer manually, and it also helps in the issue where  you are not getting the options to convert to PDF.

Thanks again.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, Hi,

Thank you for the manual instructions, I deleted what was there and re-installed it, with success.

Rachel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Many thanks, this worked well,

Rachel

On 1 December 2017 at 17:18, DavidJWilson415 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to do this i get up to last part and after i chose the ADObePDF.inf it says the certificate is not valid and cant add the printer, its driving me mad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got as far as C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat XX\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF but there was no folder titled Xtras in my Acrobat subfolder. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the latest Adobe I did not find the .inf file in the x86 folder; but following the same path in Program Files. I assume the more recent version runs in 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DEC 2021 no fix for this. I have spent over 7 hours during three sesssions attempting to repair this. I started with Dell, them Microsoft. then Adobe help chat to regoister the product to the individual user. Each of those sessions were between 1-2 hours. I manually created the pdf maker as discussed in this article.

still when RT clicking from the desktop it gets the same error (see attached WORD doc)

Unable to find “Adobe PDF” Printer or "Acrobat Distiller” printer.

Do you want to run the installer in repair mode?

Saying yes or no does nothing.

To be clear, I have resolved the issue inside of WORD or EXCEL files, save as pdf works, convert to pdf works. The error I am describing is only using file explorer or desktop placed WORD/EXCEL files|Right clicking, selecting convert to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am having the same issue ugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me as well. Great instructions but "Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF)" is not in my Existing Port drop-down menu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently lost the option to convert to PDF or combine as PDF when right-clicking in Windows 10. I have two laptops. On one, I removed the Acrobat software, restarted my machine, reinstalled, and voila. It worked. I did the exact same thing on my other laptop to no avail. SAME STEPS, different results. Might that help someone think about options of why it disappeared in the first place? I used that option so very often, and without it, everything takes so much longer. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines