Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as Other Press-Ready PDF (PDF/X) error

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try this I get:

Could not copy..... \preflight\outputintent\coatedFOGRA39.pdf                ...............\preflight acrobat  continuous\outputintent\coatedFOGRA39.pdf:  The parameter is incorrect

Can anyone explain this???

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a file that is part of the Acrobat installation. Is it possible that your installation is corrupt? The first thing I would try is to uninstall and re-install. If that does not fix your problem. we can look into other options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I just reinstalled it, re-downloaded the special files you need to "Save as Other" but I got the exact same error. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Acrobat installed in the standard loation? Does this happen with every file you want to save as PDF/X or just one or the only files from the same source? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more - you indicated that you are using the "File>Save As Other" method. Have you tried to covert to PDF/X using Preflight in Acrobat Pro? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Acrobat is installed in the standard location and it happens with every file I try. However, I haven't tried using Preflight. Will try that now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this same error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately nobody seems to know why...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ghillinnein,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please try reinstalling the application using the following steps.

1. Remove the application from the machine.

2. Run the cleaner tool from the following page: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html.

3. Reboot the machine.

4. Reinstall the Acrobat from this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html.

Check if that helps.

If the above steps don't resolve the issue, please confirm if you are using the personal machine or the IT-managed machine.

Please check if this happens with a few files or any files you open. You may create a new Word file for testing purposes and convert it to PDF. Then try to same steps and check if the error still appears. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ghillinnein 

++ Adding to the discussion

Would you mind sharing a short video recording of the steps you are doing and the issue/error you are getting?

Also, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin right in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Thanks for the reply. I formatted my entire hard drive and re-installed Adobe from the online site but I still got the same message.

One point: I'm a teacher and I'm using it on a home computer with my school account, logged inthrough the teacher's portal, so it might be running through some extra hoops? I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try the other suggestion and make a video also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines