• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanned pdf to editable pdf not what I expected

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am puzzled by the fact that when I convert a scanned PDF book to an editable PDF, the resulting file contains both the editable pages and the scanned pages. Moreover, when I attempt to convert this PDF to an ePub format, the output file still retains the scanned pages. Could someone kindly email me to clarify this issue? Given the substantial annual investment I make in your software, I had expected a smooth and seamless PDF conversion process. I had envisioned the software not only being able to convert editable PDFs to various formats like MS Word but also to ePub format, mirroring the functionalities provided by competitors such as

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by "the resulting file contains both the editable pages and the scanned pages"... Is the number of pages doubled when you run Text Recognition? That should certainly not happen.

Acrobat can not convert a PDF file to the epub format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean to convey is that when I try to convert an editable PDF book to an ePub format, I consistently encounter a duplication issue. Each page appears twice in the resulting ePub: once as a regular page and once as a blank scanned page. This repetition persists across the entire ePub book. It seems that Acrobat converts a scanned PDF into an editable format while retaining both the newly editable pages and the scanned pages. This behavior clarifies why I observe two pages in the ePub output after conversion.

The behaviour of Adobe Acrobat making duplicate pages during the conversion process seems to be a result of how it handles scanned PDFs and editable formats. When converting a scanned PDF to an editable format like ePub, Acrobat appears to preserve both the original scanned pages and the newly editable pages, leading to the duplication issue observed in the output file. While this behavior may seem counterintuitive or unexpected, it could be a design choice made by the software to ensure that all content is retained and accessible in the converted document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not true. The issue is most likely with the converter you're using. It might separate the images (which are kept) from the real text, but Acrobat does not duplicate the pages when running Text Recognition on a file. You can easily test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OCR options do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 08.48.40.png

As you can see on the screenshotI get a warning when converting a scanned PDF to editable PDF.  I you can see I have quite big capacity on my harddrive plus 3.53 GB RAM free. Why this happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines