Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanned PDF

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a PDF file which is scanned with HP printer.

This pdf file have 2 pages , each pages have 1 image.

Both images are the same size.

Both pages are vertical.

I would like to edit:

- I need the pages horizontal.

- I need to print 2 sided and cut out the image.  But the back side images have to be exactly behind the front side images after the cut. I do not know how can I solve it to be behind each other the two images when I print 2 sided. 

- I need to replace images, because there are more cards, but image size must have to be the same.

My problem:

- When I open the Adobe Acrobat -> Edit pdf , it start to recognise text.

- If I turn off recognisation all page is one image when I select it. White edges too. I cannot select only the image without the edges.

- I cannot center the images.

- when I replace the image the texts are staying there, because of text recognisation.

Extremly hard to work with Adobe Acrobat. It is not user friendly at all. I would like to do some simple things and it is extremly difficult.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acroabat is NOT a word processing program or a page layout program.

Your second best bet is to export that PDF into (say) MS Word, do all of your adjusting, and then convert it back into a PDF.

Any attempts to do this in Acrobat will only delay your doing it the way I point out above. 

The BEST way is to find the original document and make all the changes in the original document's application. However, I gather that is off the table. 

Sorry, but that's the only possible answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

PDF means portable document format.

So you said Adobe Acrobat is a useless application?

I cannot edit a document with a document editor?

Adobe did not include Microsoft 365. MS Word cannot edit PDF.

MS Word not for images.

You not read what I wrote, you just answer something.

But why?

This is a community, if you do not know the answer you do not have to write.

"find the original document " - what original document?

I wrote: I scanned images. 1 image on the page 1 , and another on the page 2.

family photo, one side full body, other side portrait.

Yes, I know, do it with photoshop. No, that is not good. The A4 scanning shows the size of the image.

PDF keep the sizes, so when I scanned A4 size , it will print on A4 exactly that size how big it was scanned.

I do not have to measure, and playing with size.

This is why PDF great, portable, so keeping the sizes doas not matter which machine, which app you open it, and print it.

What is the point of the Adobe Acrobat if it cannot edit simple pdf? Default things cannot do.

Xodo free pdf editor can do more and easier than Adobe Acrobat?

That is shame.

I always have to search, and find PDF editor, because Adobe Acrobat cannot do this and that...

Adobe Acrobat is useless.  And you just wrote it.

I have to use different company application.

I am speachless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Gabor22773582n1bc, let me elaborate a bit here:

You CAN do simple basic edits: fix a spelling, change a date, things like that. But the extensive editing you want to do is beyond Acrobat's capabilities. You can toast a slide of bread in a toaster, but you can't make bread in a toaster. 

I mentioned the best way is to take the original document and make all of your changes there. That IS the best way. When that's not possible, you have to make do. The 2nd best way to make big changes to a PDF document is as I mentioned before. 

Look, I've been doing things to PDF documents for over 25 years. If there was a better, faster, easier way to do it, I'd love to know. But, alas there is not. But please, keep on asking and if you learn of another way, please let me know. Seriously, please let me know.

Good luck!

(BTW, some 13 years ago, my mom died. She had been typing our family history for years and I wanted to save this for my sister and me. The typewriter she used was old and the platten was hard and warn so often, as she typed, the paper would slip on one side so as she typed there was a slant to the text. Sometimes, it would move well to the next line. When I then tried to scan and OCR the document, it was half mess, half OK OCR text. So, I save it out as a Word document. Some sections were easy to correct, other sections I just hand typed it out. It was the fastest way. And this was only text, no images nothing else. Things really have not gotten any better since then.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you miss something.

What is Adobe Acrobat?

Your website shows: "Do it all with Acrobat.

Create and edit PDFs. Collaborate with ease. E-sign documents and collect signatures. Get everything done in one app, wherever you work. Acrobat’s got it."

I just copy paste. There is no use MS365, or else application. "Do it all" in my dictionary means: no need else application.

"If there was a better, faster, easier way to do it, I'd love to know." I already wrote to you.

Adobe Acrobat : Plans start at £13.14/mo incl. VAT.

Xodo : free, totally free. And it is better, faster, easier. Yes there is on different OS (Windows, mobile)

Xodo Pro is less than £10/mo . So the pro version is better than Adobe Acrobat..

Go to Xodo website and open the tools tab on the top. You can see yourself. You could use free if you do not need pro function, you could try for free the pro version....

So, yes I wrote better to you.

Oh, they do not need 25 years to get better.

So Adobe Acrobat have to renew from the dust.

(I created a website and my own family tree. The old duocuments are the most valuable in the original form.

So I scanned as an image and put it on a site. My family got real time travel to our ancestor. Do not fix the memories. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use a hammer to screw in screws. Does "do it all" also icludes flying or driving around? I think you miss something. Using the right tools for what you want to do would be very helpful. 

You scanned a document and you want to edit that document. Your issue starts with the scan that may not be properly aligned. Then you use the incorrect tool for your work. But, if your scans are properly aligned, you can use the crop tool to crop out the image and doing it the same on both pages. If the document is not properly aligned, you will have a difficult time to do what you want to do.

The best way to edit a PDF file is always to use the original file, and modify there what needs to modified. If you do not have access to that file, your second option is to use the PDF document that was created from the original application. If that does not work, the least good option is to do a high quality scan and work from there. 

A scan creates an image, so the best tool to edit an image is an image processor. There are reasons to scan documents to PDF files, but in your case, especially, if you are interested in the image, Photoshop and not Acrobat is the tool of choice. (You can use a different image editor, however!)

If you upload your PDF file here, someone could have a look into that and advice the best way to do what you want to do in Acrobat. If it is possible, you will get a solution. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you not read all what I wrote.

Or maybe I wrote something wrong.

I choose the second one - I wrote wrong, this is why you not understand. Sorry for that.

I try to explain. This is family photos, so I cannot share the original pdf, but I scanned something really similar.

You have to think as a cover. back and front  have to be on the same place when you cut out with scissors.

I uploaded the similar pdf file, I hope it is help. I cannot upload here, so here is the link: https://we.tl/t-Zmo5Hq5oaM

So I have to place both image on the right place front and back, when I cut out it have to be match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think @Abambo 's analogy of screwing in a screw with a hammer is getting better and better.

@Gabor22773582n1bc What you want to do can easily be done in other applications, but Acrobat is not one of them, and it may be one of the worst — for what you're trying to do!

As far as scanning goes, Acrobat (itself) cannot scan. Rather it uses some software called TWAIN, to access your scanner's software. So, all you're doing with Acrobat is using your scanner's sofware, something that you do not even need Acrobat for.

And if you've seen marketing blurbs saying that Acrobat can do it all, than please blame the marketing folks who wrote that. Take that up with Adobe. We here are trying to help you. Really. But you are not listening to us. What you are trying to do is beyond the capabilities of Acrobat. 

[Abuse removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This was not nice. 😞

I do not understand you, why are you doing.

I ask you at the beginning to please stop.

If you cannot help. please do not answer.

Please.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your rotation problem:

Abambo_0-1713628764335.png

For your cropping problem:

1. Abambo_1-1713628836225.png

2. Abambo_2-1713628869179.png

3. Abambo_3-1713629069832.gif
    (after selecting the cropping range, double click to get the dialogue box.)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much.

This was what I am looking for.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines