Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching for words and then Auto-highlighting (yellow) in Acrobat DC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am able to search a document for multiple words with the Find Option; however, I cannot figure out how to have the 'found words' auto-highlighted in yellow "within" the document.

I am aware of how to see the results below in the attached screen shot where the 'found words' are listed.  You can then click on those to go directly to that page, but my ultimate goal is to be able to send the document to a recipient with the words highlighted. Does anyone know if that is possible in Acrobat DC?

Thank you for any suggestions!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

You can use the "Find, Highlight, and Extract Words" Action from here: https://acrobatusers.com/actions-exchange

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the "Find, Highlight, and Extract Words" Action from here: https://acrobatusers.com/actions-exchange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I just noticed you have Acrobat Standard DC (it was barely readable in your screenshot). In that case you can't use this Action, as it's a feature of Acrobat Pro only.

You can use this tool I've developed, though: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Highlight All Instances of a Word or Phrase in a PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - since this is for work, I will upgrade to Pro. I appreciate the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try Okular. I just wanted to have this functionality, and making it a "paid" option is just plain ridiculous. Even the embedded pdf readers in internet browsers provide this functionality for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I don't wish to extract the words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily remove that step from the Action once you've installed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a requirement of highlighting one set of words in one colour and other set in different colour and so on. this action does only yellow colour highlighting, can this be improvised?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What action are you using, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for reaching out.

If you are using the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC to highlight text in the PDF, you may change the color for highlight tool. Please refer to the steps suggested in the following document under the title "Change the looks of your comments": https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/commenting-pdfs.html.

If you are referring to change the highlight color of the text when using the Find or search tool, would you mind sharing the application version you are using.

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi, 

I have the same ask. Want to highlight in different color using the "find, search & highlight" action on Adobe Pro. 

Cant figure out how to edit a new action with highlighting ina different color. 

Thanks!

CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines