• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing and email option not working in Acrobat Pro DC with Macintosh, Mac Mail.

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using MacOS Mojave, Version 10.14.1. I also use MacMail. When I open a Adobe Acrobat Pro DC PDF file, it shows the blue share button and the email envelope button, but when I go to click one of them, it automatically freezes up and greys out either option. Anyone else experiencing this problem?! Help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Hi Jwalker,

What is the exact version of Acrobat you are working on? Open Acrobat>About Acrobat

• Adobe Acrobat official update (19.008.20080) is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates

Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

• Try sending a different PDF and see if that works? As it might be an issue with specific file.
  • If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jwalker,

What is the exact version of Acrobat you are working on? Open Acrobat>About Acrobat

• Adobe Acrobat official update (19.008.20080) is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates

Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

We would be looking forward for the update.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem and am using the latest version of acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sarah!

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this.

Could you please provide more details about the issue?

- What happens when you try to use the Share option in Acrobat?

- Are you using the latest version of Acrobat? Please share the version number using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html 

- Did this issue started occurring recently?

In the meantime, check if you can share the file online. Open this link and sign in using your Adobe ID. Then go to Share.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

I am on a mac running Catalina 10.15.7 and using Arobat DC Pro 2020.013.20064. 

I noticed this a couple of days ago. I have used share in the past few weeks with no problem, but now, with *any* pdf file I just get a completely blank dialogue box.

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 10.03.48 AM.png

I was able to manually upload a file to creative cloud and get a link to share, but not able to share out to individual email addresses 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same exact issue. Did you ever get this resolved? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. I was able to send multiple shared documents for comments and now I'm getting this error on different PDFs all stating that I have no internet connection. WTH?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue.

Looking for a fix...because, Adobe is not cheap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines